Butterfly Kisses (Keefe)

Warning for those who have different religions, this mentions Christianity..simply because it's part of the song. I'd never disrespect my fam like that o3o

---

There's two things I know for sure

  I sat at the table, watching [YDN/Your Daughter's Name] dash around Keefe's legs while he hung up her latest drawing on the bright blue wall. He laughed softly, trying to get our hyperactive daughter to stop running everywhere. I remember that smile..the smile he wore when we met 20 years ago, right before he left for the Neverseen.

  And that smile came back when he found out I was pregnant. And he left everything behind for me.

  Now our little bundle of joy was hopping around Candleshade, knocking some stuff over from time to time. "Baby, you gotta stop. C'mon, let's go say our prayers. It's about time for bed."Keefe chided her playfully. I used to live in the Forbidden Cities. I had adopted the Christian religion, so Keefe followed in it for me.

  [YDN]'s face lit up so brightly. She jumped up and down, trying to jump into her daddy's arms. I saw the way he looked down at her. He saw an angel that he would love for the rest of his eternal life.

She was sent here from Heaven,
And she's Daddy's little girl!

  He picked her up and stepped onto the stairs, being bolted up to [YDN]'s room. I followed suit, walking to the doorway to see her sitting on her bed, hands pressed together as her eyes squeezed shut. Keefe laughed and got to his knees next to her bed, leaning on her mattress with his hands clenched together pressed to his forehead. "Dear Jesus, thank you for everything we have. Thank you for my daddy. Thank you for my mommy."

  I watched Keefe seize up a little, but he simply smiled and relaxed.

As I dropped to my knees by her bed at night,
She talks to Jesus, and I close my eyes,
And I thank God for all of the joy in my life..
Oh but most of all...

  I could hear his thoughts. Thanking God for our daughter. Thanking God He didn't take her away. He thanked God for their daddy-daughter relationship. Deep down he was asking God about me..

  [YDN] leaned over, batting her eyelashes. She brushed a strand of blonde hair from her face, kissing Keefe softly. He smiled, hugging his daughter. "I love you Daddy."She chirped. Tears slipped down his face as he replied.

For butterfly kisses,
After bedtime prayers,
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair!

"Walk beside the pony Daddy, it's my first ride."
"I know the cake looks funny Daddy, but I sure tried!"
Oh with all that I've done wrong, I must've done something right!
To deserve a hug every morning, and butterfly kisses at night.

  "I love you too, Mallowmelt..."

Timeskip

  I examined [YDN] as she gossiped with Deiamara Vacker, daughter of Fitz Vacker. They looked like they were having fun. Trying on dresses Fitz had bought Deiamara, applying some makeup for fun. Talking about boys they wanted on their matchmaking list. [YDN] loved to talk about this other boy, Zach Luminescence.

Sweet 16 today,
She's looking like her mama a little more every day

  Keefe walked up to the door, hesitating to knock. [YDN] must've noticed, because she rushed to put on a dress and shoes. Deiamara quickly did her hair, putting on some eyeliner and eye shadow that brought out those brilliant shades of [YEC] in [YDN]'s irises. Keefe took in a deep breath and knocked. I giggled slightly. He practically acted scared of his daughter.