Chapter 3

The next day, the whole team gathered up again to infiltrate another base. Tony and Bruce had been chuckling at something, Natasha and Clint sharing whispers, so that left him with Thor.

He only sat next to him on the ride there, they didn't talk at all. Only, "are you feeling better, captain?" And he answer, "yeah, I'm fine."

More hydra agents, more technology, more weapons, more... nausea?

He swallowed the bile in his throat and continued to fight the agents surround him and iron man.

Shouts, screams and a wild headache as dizziness washed right over him. He went off balance and stumbled to the ground, where many agents began to kick and stomp on him.

Splitting pain in his chest and the air was knocked out of him every time a foot canoe down on his torso. He shut his eyes against the pain that erupted in his leg and abdomen and heard someone shout "Cap! Cap!"

Tony had managed to fight them all off, leaving steve injured on the ground. His face hurt, his back, his chest, his leg... everything... but still, the nausea got to him the worst and he rolled over to throw up.

After finishing, he rolled back over onto his back and groaned as the pain in his head only became worse and he became extremely sensitive to the dim lights above them.

"Cap! Cap!" Apparently tony had been shouting the entire time, he must've missed out on most of it. "What the hell happened?"

"I..." he shouted instead as he tried sitting up.

"JARVIS, take a full body scan, quick." Tony said in his suit as he scented the hallway once more to find it empty other than the dozens of agents all over the floor.
"Countless rib breaks and fractures, some internal bleeding, a broken femur in the right leg, a concussion which I am not able to calculate the severity, and a spinal fracture."

"Ok, steve, don't move. Guys, caps down, I need to get him to the jet and to medical on the helecarrier. Natasha, can you get here?"

She did, and tony carefully picked steve up as Natasha kept the hallways clean of agents ready to attack. She took them down easily.

Steve groaned again and rested his head against the cold metal armour of the iron man suit. He didn't feel right, he didn't know why or how, but it was something other than the beating he just took.

Tony placed him down on the stretcher again as Natasha wrapped a neck brace around his neck and splinted his leg and mostly attended to the rest of his injuries.

"Jesus steve," she breathed out as she check his broken ribs. "How are you feeling?"

"Sick." He moaned and hissed when she touched his abdomen. His purple and swollen torso looked absolutely horrible. Well, he did all around.