Chapter 8

Steves eyes drifted open and he saw Bruce and tony. At first he thought it might jus be a dream, "steve? Hey, you ok?"

"Bruce?" He asked weakly. "What hap-hap..." he was too tired to get the words out of his mouth.

"We found you passed out on the floor." Tony responded and steve quickly glanced at him with his tired eyes. "We tried calling earlier, a few ones actually, you didn't answer so we came here."

Steve started sitting up, and Bruce helped him a bit. The head rush was real and gave him a good kick cause he was already vomiting into the garbage.

"Yeah, now you're staying at the tower." Tony said quite clearly.

Steve whined, even if he knew it was probably for the best. Until they find a cure, he should stay there.

---

They already had a guest room set up when all three of them got there. Steve only got to putting away half of his clothes before Natasha took over. Natasha, who found out steve finally agreed to staying at the tower after passing out, also had the idea with everyone moving in.

Her first. A few rooms had to be turning into bedrooms, but knowing tony stark and how many people he knew personally, four more bedrooms would be ready in a matter of hours.

So yeah, everyone was there, even Thor.

Natasha had taken the duffel bags and finished putting the rest of steve clothes away, even if he insisted on doing it himself. "No, just sit down and rest."

"Natasha, im f-"

"You better not say fine because you aren't. Just, let me help, please?" She turned around and looked him in the eyes.

He sighed and sat back on the bed before collapsing into the soft mattress completely. This bed was way comfier than the one he was used to sleeping in.

"Who drew this?" Natasha asked as she pulled out a framed drawing with a dancing monkey with an umbrella.

He looked over, "me." He answered simply.

"You drew this?" She looked at him, he nodded with his eyes closed. "It's really good."

"Thanks. It's one of the only things from the 40's I still have." He said o-matter-of-factly.

"70 years ago?"

"Yep."

"Wow." Natasha studied it for another second before standing it on the nightstand. She knew steve drew, she just didn't know how else to start up a conversation, or maybe give him something he enjoys to do. "Why don't you draw something now?" She pulled out a notepad and a few pencils.

He opened his eyes and pulled himself to sitting position against the headboard of the bed. "What do you want me to draw?" He asked.

Yes. He liked drawing. Maybe he just needed some inspiration. "I don't know, surprise me."

Steve thought for a second before reaching his hand out for the pencils and notebook. She handed both to him easily. "What do you have in mind?"

He smirked and opened the notebook. "It's a surprise."

She smiled back then stood there with nothing to do as he started sketching something down. "I'll leave you to it then."

She turned around to leave and just got it opening the door before steve stopped her. "Wait-"

"What is it?"

He awkwardly tapped his pencil against the paper of his sketchbook and looked down at it with his blue eyes carrying bags underneath. "Sure, steve." She said with a smile and closed the door again.

She sat down on his bed next to him, quickly trying to get a glance at what he was drawing, but he turned the book away. So she took the remote instead and watching tv as he drew.

Somehow, by the end of the movie she had turned on, steve was asleep leaning up against her. The sketchbook flipped over on his lap and his pencil just barely in his limp grasp.

She nudged him a bit, make sure he's asleep, then she grabbed the notebook and flipped it over and she swore her heart almost fluttered when she saw herself, smiling, and let's not forget that her hair looked perfect. She smiled then turned to steve, his sleeping form still slumped against her, so she put the notebook down for now and slowly climbed out of his bed. Got him to a comfier position so he was laying on his side and put the pencil and the notebook down on the nightstand, right underneath the lamp. 

She pulled the blanket up a little higher so it covered his shoulder which barely woke him up. His eyes were still closed, but he mumbled, "thank you."

Of course, she smiled, turned the lamp off and left the room, closing the door behind her.

She closed the door as quietly as she could, seeing that it was 11:37pm. She still jumped when a voice spoke behind her. "Romanoff?"

She turned around and saw tony with a mug of coffee she guessed. "Stark."

"When did you get here? I didn't see or hear you come in."

"Uh, a few hours ago. I came here and helped steve out a little." She said and walked away from the door. "Made sure he was comfortable."

"Comfortable eh?" Despite tonys brilliant intelligence and the fact he was friends and cared about everyone and everything in this tower, he couldn't stay serious all of the time.

She rolled her eyes and started to walk away, annoyance overflowing her.

"Hey! Hey, I was kidding." He caught up to her.

She understood that, but he still bugged the hell outta her sometimes. "I know..." she decided to say, "he's just... he doesn't deserve this." She sighed and turned her head towards steves room.

Tony sighed and shoved his free hand in his pocket. "Yeah, hell, the poor guy already has to deal with this whole new era..." he shook his head. Sure, him and steve weren't too welcoming and friendly at first, at all, but since the attack on New York, it's been better.

"You find anything?" She asked.

"No, not yet. Still working on it. I'm gonna go back and work on it. Get some rest."

"You should too."

He scoffed, "I'll make it, now I just need him to."

She pursed her lips and walked to her designated room just down the hallway.