Chapter 7

Tony dropped him off. Trying one last time to get him to stay at the tower with him.

"You really shouldn't-"

"Look, tony, I know I'm sick, I know this. But I want to be at home." He said, even if his apartment didn't make him feel at home.

Tony sighed and walked him inside before leaving him there alone, in his apartment, alone.

The fact he was alone bugged them all. They were friends, they were a team, but still didn't know the guy all that well.

"Maybe we should call him." Bruce suggested as him and tony researched and took notes that may just help in finding a cure.

Tony contemplated not calling, he also didn't like being seen as an emotionally involved type of guy. But he sighed and nodded. "We should. Jarvis?"

"Sir."

"Call steve." He said, not looking up from his tablet.

"Of course." The AI took a minute or so to answer once again. "Captain Rogers hasn't answered."

Bruce looked up from the file of papers and to the wall, as if he were to be looking directly at the AI. "Did you try his cell?"

"I have. I have tried calling both his home and cell phone number. He didn't seem to be able to answer neither."

Tony frowned. "Call him again, would you?"

"Of course." Once again he didn't answer and Jarvis reported to them so. "No answer, sir. With the captains condition, I suggest to give him a visit seeing he may be in trouble."

"Yea no kidding..." Bruce sad and ran out with tony.

Upon arrival, tony slammed his fists against the door, only to receive no answer. His neighbour, Sharon, came out. "Mr. stark?"

"Have you seen him leave or something? Seen him at all?" Bruce asked as tony continue to knock.

"No, I haven't. Is something wrong?"

Bruce swore quietly. "I'm breaking the door down." Tony said and took a few steps back. A few hard kicks and the door flew open. "Steve?" Tony called into the small but nicely decorated space. "Steve!" He shouted when he saw half of who seemed to be steve laying on the floor around the corner to the kitchen. He rushed over and gasped when he saw him unconscious and pale.

Bruce got to his side and rolled him over, already checking for a pulse or any sign of life. Thank god he had.

"He must've passed out." Tony said.

"But for how long?" He looked around and pointed to the couch. "Help me get him to the couch. You-" he point to Sharon, "get a damp washcloth and a glass of water."

Tony grabbed steve by the ankles while Bruce picked him up from under his arm pits. They growled when they realized how heavy steve actually was, but managed to get him to the couch and laid a blanket on top of him.

Sharon came with what Bruce had asked for and he sighed. "Can you get that garbage can too?" He pointed to the small one in the corner of the room.

She went and got it and Bruce put it next to the couch by steves head while tony started to dab his face with the washcloth. "Should we call 911?"

Bruce shook his head. "Not yet. If he wakes up in the next ten minutes, he should be fine. If he doesn't, then yeah..." and he was right. If he does wake up in that timeframe, the EMT's would've come for nothing. Would've left after taking his vitals and asking some questions. Useless questions.