Chapter 6

Over the next few hours, steves face healed up pretty well and so did most of his other injuries. So thankfully, he wasn't in so much pain, "but I feel like shit." He said and rested his head back.

"Language, captain." Natasha raised her eyebrow, but kept her smile away.

Steve looked around the room and saw that it was empty other than himself and Natasha. He didn't say anything though, one or two of them would usually stick around until he woke up, but he still hoped he'd see more of all of them at times... and that the nausea would go away.

He vomited.

Natasha immediately stood up and rubbed his back as he continued to hurl over the edge of the bed and onto the floor. "Oh steve..."

He coughed a few times before wiping his mouth and turning back around. He sighed. "I've haven't felt this... crappy, since before the serum."

She squeezed his shoulder and then let go to grab his hand. "Steve... when you were being held captive by hydra..." he looked up to her. "The scientist injected you with a serum, one of his failed attempts to replicate your serum. Bruce... he talked to him, he said all of the rest subjects... they died, and that the same will happen to you..." she fought back tears because she cared about him. Whether he saw it or not, they were all his friends.

"What if he's just lying?" His eyebrows furrowed and jaw clenching.

"We already thought of that, we don't think he is though." She squeezed his hand and looked away. "I'm so sorry steve."

He looked away from her and to the wall in front of him. Trying to process what she told him, but not exactly sure he'd be able to.

---

Bruce informed tony, Thor and fury. They all took it in different ways.

Tony, going straight to steves room, the T o the lab.

Thor, not quite able to understand that their captain is sick.

Fury, filled with rage as he went to find "that motherfucker" he was referring to the scientist.

Then they tried to get steve to go stay at the tower with tony, but he insisted on staying at his own apartment. Which he totally shouldn't have, but did anyways. Completely disregarding literally everyone's advice.