Chapter 4

Tony and Natasha had to get back to the fight after getting him to the helecarrier though. So he was left alone with the many doctors and surgeons around him before being somehow out to sleep in an OR.

They did come back, and they did all wait for any news on how he was doing. They were all worried. Bruce was the first to ask how he was when a surgeon finally came into the small waiting room.

"Hes suffered from so many injuries, its probably best if I just leave this with you." He handed Bruce a file containing all of the reports, notes and injuries. His condition, the medication he was pointlessly on. "His room number is 1207 down that hallway if you'd like to see him."

"Thank you." Tony said and they all headed in that direction.

Laying on his back with a beaten face, stitches, casts and countless machines all doing their job around him, lie steve Rogers. Vulnerable, and hurt. A way none of them enjoyed.

And when he woke up, he immediately hurled over the side of the bed and hissed at the pain he'd experienced during that quick movement and strain that was put on him.

"Hey, hey," a soft voice soothed and a hand was placed on his shoulder.

"It..." he hissed and gripped onto the railing of his bed. "Hurts..."

"I know, it'll get better. Don't worry." Natasha said and handed him a plastic cup full of water with a straw to make it easier for him to drink from his laying position.

Tony and Bruce had stepped out to talk about him. "What happened?" Bruce asked.

"I don't know exactly, but he got off balance and just fell to the ground, making him an easy target." Tony explained and glanced back in the room to see steve grip onto the bed railing so tight he could've sworn the hard plastic could've cracked.

"I don't think he's ok." Bruce sounded worried.

"Neither do I, look at him." They both saw him almost cry at the wave of pain rushing through his muscles and joints with Natasha by his bed trying to soothe him.

"No, well yes, but..." he sighed. "Something seems... wrong." He looked back at steve and shook his head.

They kept the silence for a minute before tony broke it. "Whatever it is, we'll figure it out." He patted his shoulder. "I'm gonna go check to see if fury needs me to do anything." And he walked away.

Bruce looked through the window and saw him clench his teeth as hard as possible to hold back a scream and clasp onto the plastic railing so hard it actually cracked and pieces of plastic fell to the ground.

Bruce walked up to the nurses station and asked the nurse, "can you see if you can get him anything for the pain? Anything at all?"

She answered with a simple "sure" and stood up to go search for his doctor.

Bruce looked through the window one last time before heading off to where the hydra scientist was being held. Something was wrong with steve, and it probably has something to do with that man.