Chapter 10

Steve had fallen asleep on the couch later on, so Natasha went to check on their progress in the lab.

Tony was walking around, moving icons around on different screens while Bruce sat behind his desk looking through files.

They seemed really into it, so she decided it'd probably just be best to leave them to it.

Clint and Thor had apparently joined steve on the couches and turned on the tv, because well, they were there and steves was awake again. Smiling and laughing at thors horrible remarks on the "screen people" and Clint's mumbles about how ridiculous he was being.

She decided she'd going them, after she got a few things.

She came back with steves sketch book and a pencil and she placed it on the coffee table in front of him. He looked at her with a smirk then to the book. "In case you get bored of these two idiots." She shrugged.

He smiled completely and coughed. "Thanks"

---

Maybe he wasn't bored, maybe he was, but he grabbed the book and started drawing something. Once again, Natasha waited for it to be finished to try peeking. This time, it was a beautiful sunset over New York with all of the buildings, including the tower. She could almost see the colours even if it were only drawn in pencil.

Next they all watched a movie together, or tired to. Once again with Thor yelling at the stupid people and Clint yelling at Thor to shut up.

Steve had a coughing fit halfway through, too. He drank some water, but didn't seem to really help at all, so Clint got Bruce and he gave him some proper medication. Something he'd been working on on the side of the cure. Something just fore steve and something that could probably knock out an elephant.

It knocked steve out, that's for sure. He was asleep until the next morning, except for a few minutes around 9:00, when Natasha turned off the tv and placed a few more blankets over him.

She saw his eyes open halfway, "You ok now?"

He barely nodded, turned aver a bit and fell back asleep before thanking her.

He was so polite, so nice, kind, but also broken, the rest of them. They all had their problems, Natasha, the red room and her time being trained in Russia. Thor, just, supernatural things. Tony, being held captive in Afghanistan then the alien portal incident. Clint, being alone. Steve, the fact he woke up in a new century with everyone he once knew under ground.