Chapter 11

Steve woke up in his bed again, only this time, he actually felt horrible and could barely come to turned himself around.

He rubbed his eyes and closed them again, in hopes of getting a little more shut eye when tony walked in. "Oh, JARVIS told me you were awake."

He opened them back up. "I am now." He groaned and squinted against the light. "You need something?"

"Uh yeah, I need to take some of your blood. For research on a cure."

He coughed once and got to a sitting position, leaning against the headboard. "Sure." He coughed again and closed his eyes. Today's pain was particular. His nose felt congested, his throat dry, something bubbling in his stomach and ow the headache he discovered after the light had been flicked on.

Tony dimmed it when he saw steves pale face and his hands go up to his head to block out some of the light and to run his head. "Headache?"

"Yeah." He groaned.

"JARVIS, dim all of the lights on the floor would you?"

"Of course, sir."

He stood up slowly, with his eyes closed and his hand reaching for the wall. "You need help?" Tony had asked.

"No, just let me walk this time." Steve opened his eyes to look straight at him. He nodded in return.

He got to the door, right next to where tony was and walked out into the hallway. With no where to balance himself on, he went off balance but tony grabbed onto his arm to steady him. "Tony-"

"You almost fell over, steve." Tony said and grabbed onto his arm a little tighter as he started to pull him across the room. Tony glanced over at him and saw steve look down at his feet as they walked. Pursing his lips and sighed a few times, tony knew. "I get it. You feel weak, helpless, whatever. And yeah, you kind of are..." dick move "but that's someone else's fault. Not yours."

Steve pouted a bit. "It's just that, you guys don't know me as the weak and helpless guy on the team. You guys know me as captain America, I was the leader, and now I'm homebound and sick. Something I haven't been seen before the serum."

Tony looked at him. "Well, were going to fix that. We're working on it right now." He patted steves back and steves let go of him when they got closer to the lab. Tony still hovered around him until they entered and steve took a seat by a metal table.

Bruce drew some blood, well, almost a bagfull, but he was totally fine with it. Tony got Jarvis to get Natasha to bring a wheelchair cause they did drain quite a bit of blood and he was definitely going to be more lightheaded than he already was.

Him and Natasha left the scientist to do their work. At first they just walked around the whole tower, talking, before steve randomly said, "I already miss going on missions."

She stopped the wheelchair in free middle of the hallway and sat with her legs crossed right in front of him. "I knew you'd say that eventually."

He raised in eyebrow. "How so?"

"Well, first off, you're steve Rogers. I know we've only known each other a few years, but that's definitely long enough to know you don't stay out of a fight or leave it for others to finish. You jump right in."

He leaned back. "Can barely stand now."

"So? Who said you can't go on missions with us? Maybe you won't be doing the physical stuff, but you also have the best plans and strategies, both things you can do with the equipment in the jet."

"If I can figure out how to use it." He mumbled.

She sighed. "Steve, you have to stop doubting yourself. Just because you're wheelchair-bound, doesn't mean your useless or stupid." She stood up and touched his shoulder before going back around him to push him. "C'mon, fury probably has a mission."

Though he was sick and particularly felt like shit today, he smiled.