Old story :p

Hey My Kawaii~Panda Bears!! I just wanted to show you one of my older short stories... MIND YOU. There are a bunch of errors and plot holes that I am aware of. Oh, and the little girl (Jaeanne) is supposed to be me *eyeroll* so yeah 😛 Enjoy~
******************************

A little girl kicked and screamed as a white man pulled her away from her dying mother. "LET ME GO!!!" she screamed as she thrashed violently in his arms. Her mother's dull eyes met her vibrant ones. The child barely heard her whisper, "Do your best in everything Jaeanne..." with that Jaeanne was silenced. Her curly black hair shaded her eyes as she allowed the man to put her in chains. After walking for hours through dry and hot lands Jaeanne could smell the salty sea. She looked up to see hundreds of others who were in the same situation. As she looked around, Jaeanne saw some of the largest boats she had ever seen. Eyes wide and spirits nearly lifted, she was shoved into the dark and smelly boat, which was where she would be staying for the next three months. 

**3 months later on the ports of South Carolina****

Jaeanne's rusty chains scraped against her swollen ankles, the tight ropes around her wrists were slowly but surely leaving scars as she was forced to walk through the putrid smelling port. As she walked Jaeanne was getting quite the amount of attention. People were not used to seeing others with tan skin, here you were either black or white. When they reached a fenced area, Jaeanne and many others were pushed harshly inside. Outside the fence men grinned at her with their yellow teeth, their foul odor invading her nose and their fat fingers twitching. 'Why am I here? Who are all these people? What will happen to me?'Jaeanne's entire being shook in fear, being only five years old she was already experiencing the harshness of this world. Her palms were sweaty,knees weak, and her eyes darted in every direction.

 Suddenly the wooden gates swung open and a pair of large dark hands grabbed her. The older slave looked down at her, "They're just getting younger and younger..." he said pitifully, remembering when he was captured and taken to America. He quickly looked away from the innocent girl and hopped unto his horse. Jaeanne just kept her head down and mouth shut. 'Maybe if I'm good they will just forget about me...' she thought hopefully. Her mind was set, whatever she was asked to do she would do it as best as she could.

****A few hours later at a plantation in Charleston*****

Jaeanne's legs gave out. Though she was drenched in sweat her mouth could barely salivate. She laid sprawled out on the dusty road with the thick ropes around her wrists the only things keeping her hands up. All she wanted was rest, but the man kept riding. "Get up." he commanded. Trembling Jaeanne attempted to stand bet kept falling back down. The man jumped off the horse and glared at her, "I said, GET UP!!" he boomed while kicking her. With a wince Jaeanne scrambled up and forced herself to shakily begin walking again.

 After what felt like an eternity, they arrived at the large plantation. A tall,pale man with an aura that reeked of authority strode up to them and glanced at Jaeanne,

 "This is the best you could do?" he asked the older slave.

 "W-well mazza... you see there was a whole lotta people there a-an well-"

 The slave was interrupted,

 "Enough of your pitiful excuses. Let her stay with Carl, I'm sure his mother wouldn't mind another child. And also, her new name is to be Paula." 

The slave nodded in agreement, "Yes mazza Jacob." 

After the master had left Jaeanne and the older slave set off to Carl's cabin with a strange silence between them. As they were about to reach the cabin a boy who looked around Jaeanne's age ran up to them and stared right at her for a full minute.