We can count on each other, were family in this fire house.

After my first shift I was really tired so I headed home.  I headed home for the night but had to get up early for work.

The next day I headed into work and got settled. The only person at the squad table was Capp. So I sat with him.

" Hey Capp where is the rest of the guys?" I asked.

"Severide is getting changed. Tony and Cruz are getting breakfast." He said.

"Ok well I better go and get ready." I said.

"Bye Mack." Capp said.

"Bye" I replied. I headed over to the locker room to go to my locker but got a glimpse of severide putting his shirt on. So cute.

He didn't notice me till I said something

"Hi severide." I said startling him.

"Oh hey. You scared me." He said chuckling.

"Sorry. " I said.

"No worries."  He said. " I'll see you out there." He added walking backwards running into Gabby. I started laughing.

"Hey sorry Gabby." He said.

"Your alright." Gabby said. I'm still laughing.

"Hey Mack. How was your first day?" She asked me . I was in my own world thinking about Severide.

"Hello earth to Mack, anyone there?" Gabby said.

"What... oh ya what's up?" I asked.

"I asked you how your first day was yesterday, but now I think your interested in something." She said.

"What do you think I'm interested in?" I asked.

"Severide." She said with a smirk. My face went blank. Shit I was hoping she would of guessed something else. Play it cool Mack.

"Maybe. Maybe not." I said.

"It is you do like him!" She said excited.

"Yes I do like him." I admitted.

"There's one problem." Gabby said. "You are on the same truck. Couples can't be on the same truck. Casey and I had to cancel us being married so I could go on truck 81." She said with a down look.