Don't leave.

The search party came back with a dead Kelly in there arms. I broke down again. Intelligence showed up,and Antonio rushed over to me.

"I-I wanted to say how sorry I was. H-he can't be g-gone." I sobbed.

"I'm sorry Mack." All of 51 lined up on both sides of the ambo. To watch gabby and Brett push Kelly's lifeless body to the ambo. We all saluted him as he passed us.

The ambo drove off and I broke down again.

He can't be gone. I want to apologize,but I can't do that anymore. He can't leave. He's already gone.

"Come on Mack we have to go to the hospital." Cruz said. I just stood there. Didn't move. Didn't blink. Just stood there. I wanted to move but I couldn't. I felt someone sling me over their shoulder. I could read the name on their jacket.

'Cruz'

He set me in the truck and we drove off. They tried getting me attention. I wanted to answer but I couldn't. I could hear them. I just stared out the window.

Finally Med came in to view. I put my hand on the door handle ready to jump out.

Once Cruz came to a complete stop Iopened the door and jumped out. I ran. I ran until I found Chief and Matt talking.

Matt noticed me and stopped talking. He had a sympathetic look on his face. He looked like he has been crying.Chief turned around with a glum face.

"No-no no no. He's not dead! He can't be dead!" I yelled.

"Mack calm down." Chief said.

"No!"

"Mack. I'm sorry." Matt said. I ran. I ran out those doors. I ran to the station. I got weird looks cause I'm still in my bunker gear. I had tears streaming down my face.

All I wanted  to say was I'm sorry. As I reached the fire house Squad pulled up.

"MACK!" Cruz yelled.

"What..." I said.

"Come here." He said with open arms. I accepted. I sobbed into his chest. Capp and tony joined in on the hug. After a bit we pulled away.

"I wanted to say how sorry I was. I blamed him for our child's death." I said wiping my eyes.

"We know Mack. We're going to miss him." Capp said.