I can't lose you.

Severides pov.

I remembered that Mack asked me if it was a difference outside of the fire house. I wanted to be able to give her an answer other than "I don't know." Maybe Casey knows.

Right on time Casey and Dawson roll up with Herrmann.

"Hey,Casey can I speak with you in my office?" I asked. Mack looked up at me curious,but went back to her book.

"Yea, sure. Just give me a minute to get ready." He replied.

"Ok. Just go to my office when your done." I said. He gave me a thumbs up.

About 5 minutes later Casey showed. I motioned him in.

"What do you need?" He asked.

"You know how you and Gabby are engaged,but she was still on truck." I said. He nodded his head.  "Will Mack and I get in trouble if me and her are dating, and on squad?" I asked.

"It all depends. Now Gabby and I couldn't get married cause we were on the same truck. Plus firehouse. Now you can date her just don't get you outside life with your work." He said.

"Ok. Does it make a difference outside of work?" I asked.

"No." Casey said.

"Ok thank you Casey." I said shaking his hand.

"No problem." He said.

"Squad 3, engine 51, truck 81, ambulance 61. Motor vehicle accident."

*at call*

Caseys pov

We arrived where we were told the accident was. The only thing there was a bike laying on its side.

"Severide what the hell is going on?" I asked.

"I don't know. This is squad 3 to main. Are you sure that the accident is at our location?" He asked.

"Yes squad 3. That is where the call came in."

"Put is back in service there's nothing here." I said.

"Ok." Main said. Just then shots ran out.

"Everyone get down." I yelled. We all ran under the trucks.

Severides pov.

The shots rang out so we all went under our trucks. Everyone was under except for one person, Mack.

"Severide I'm shot." She yelled. She was on the opposite side of the shooter.

"This is squad 3 to main. We have a shooter at our location. Plus a man down. We need back up!" I said.

"Were on it." Main said.

"Hey beautiful I need you to stay strong. Dawson Brett try to help Mack." I said. I crawled out from underneath the truck to Mack.

"Alright beautiful. We're going to need to pinch the artery to control the bleeding." I said.

"Do it I can take it." She said. I could tell she was in pain. Not to long later the intelligence team came.

"ANTONIO!" I yelled.

"Severide what happened?" He asked.

"She got shot." I said.

"You need to take out the shooter so we can get her out of here." Gabby said.

"Erin take the shot." Antonio said. Erin was on top of another building with her sniper. 1 shot is all it took.

"Lets go. Antonio,Kelly you can come." Gabby said.

"Lets go." I told Antonio. We got to the hospital. Mack lost color I was afraid I was gonna lose her. Just like I lost Shay. Ever since her death things never went right. They said she was in stable condition,but lost a lot of blood.We were also able to see her.

"Antonio who is the person the shot at us?" I asked. I was upset and mad.

"It was that drunk dude. You know the one that harassed Mack. He's dead now." Antonio said.

"Thank you Antonio. I didn't want to loose her like I lost shay." I said.

"Hey don't worry

"Hey don't worry. She'll be fine. She's a Dawson." Antonio said.

"Thank you Antonio." I said.

"No problem." He replied.

Macks pov.

I don't remember what happened,or where I am. What I wanna know is why am I here,and why is my gear in the corner of the room. I woke up. I feel like a truck hit me. My shoulder hurt the most. I looked around and saw Antonio, Gabby, and Severide.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Hey." They said together.

"W-what happened?" I asked.

"You got injured. A shooting rang out,and you got shot." Gabby said.

"Oh. Do you know who did it?" I asked.

"Do you remember that drunk guy?" Antonio asked.

"Yea." I replied.

"It was him. His buddies bailed him out the other day." Antonio said.

"Well at least I'm ok. Right?" She said.

"Yea all that matters is that your ok." Gabby said. Severide just sat there holding my hand. He didn't move, didn't say anything just stared out in space.

"Kelly, you ok." I asked.

"What...uh ya." He said. I knew something was wrong.