What's your problem?

Macks pov

As I woke up the next morning I noticed the newbie kept giving me the death glare. What's her problem? I ask myself.

"Morning guys." I say to Herrmann and Mouch.

"Morning." They said together. I grab some coffee and sat at the table. The newbie came out of the kitchen and stood in front of me.

"What's your issue?" She asked. I nearly choked on my coffee.

"Excuse me?"

"You know, your issue. Why aren't you working at the calls like the rest of us."

"That is none of your concern."

"What's wrong did you hurt your nail."

"I would watch it candidate." Casey said. "I thought chief talked to you." He added.

"He did." She replied.

"Then leave it be." She just rolled her eyes. I was still in shock.

Kelly then walked in.

"Me and you are talking outside now." I said. He gave me a confused look but went with it.

"What's wrong?"

"Joslin. She asked what my problem was and why I wasn't working. Matt walked in and yelled at her."

"Just ignore her."

"That's kinda hard."

"It will all be fine." He said giving me a kiss on my cheek. As we were walking back to the common room we found joslin  behind the truck we were talking by.

"Candidate,shouldn't you be making breakfast?"

"I was told to take inventory by my Lieutenant."

"So Casey told you to take inventory of the squad?" She just nodded her head. "Get in there and cook."

"Yes sir." She just glared at me.

"Truck 81, engine 51,squad 3, ambulance 61,battalion 25. House fire."

We all rushed out as they gave us the rest of the information.

At fire

I stood by chief as we all watched them go inside. Everyone but Joslin. What is she doing? I looked at chief.

"Chief what is the candidate doing?" I asked.

"I don't know. Casey what is your candidate doing outside?" Chief asked over the radio.

"She refused to go in. Something about Mack. I don't know I told her that she had to deal with you." He replied.

Chief called over Joslin. As she walked over she kept her eyes on me.

"Candidate what are you doing out here,and not your job?"

"Well I thought since Mack here is a girl she's getting the special privilege of not going into fires, so I thought I could be part of her privilege." She said with a fake smile.

"Candidate the reason why she is out here and not in the building was put under my orders. You however,are here to do your job."

"But-"

"There is no buts. I'm your chief and you'll obey me and the lieutenants."

"Yes chief."

"Now, I want this nonsense of yours over, or you'll be out of my firehouse." She just nodded and walked to 81. Soon the firefighters got everyone out,and got the fire out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's short ik. There's more to come with this book, a lot more. I hope your enjoying it so far. Thx for reading. Byeee.