I'm back. With problems.

The next day I headed back home. I was feeling great I wanted to go back to work asap. Kelly kept a good eye on me. Just to make sure I didn't over do it.

One week later.

"Hey look who's back." Herrmann said.

"I'm back baby." I said happy and confident.

"We missed you!" Casey said.

"I missed you guys more." I said.

"Squad 3, truck 81, ambulance 61. Possible drowning. At Lake Michigan."

When we got there, there was frantic teens yelling at us to help their friend.

"Ok. Ok! Now somebody tell me what's wrong." Boden said.

"We dared our friend Nile to jump in. He did it but never resurfaced." A friend said.

"Kelly, Capp go get ready. You guys are heading in. Casey, Mack,Dawson,Otis,Cruz, tony.Hold the rope." Chief ordered. We nodded and got ready.

"2 tugs we need more rope. 3 tugs we got the victim." Severide said. They headed down.

Severides pov.

The worst thing is to fall into Lake Michigan. The bottom is slippery and eerie. It's so cloudy down there that it's hard to see. You have to feel around for an arm or leg.

I finally got ahold of the victim by there arm. I pulled him to me and tugged 3 times.

"He got him start pulling!" Casey yelled.

We finally reached the surface. Casey and Mack took the kid and started CPR.

"Come on kid. You can make it." I said out loud.

Casey gave up. He knew there was no hope. They did all they could. Mack didn't give up she kept going.

"Mack he's gone. It's done." I said.

"Lieutenant with all do respect you can't give up. One more minute is all I'm asking." She said.

"One more minute." I replied. Shockingly during that one minute she got the boy started breathing again.

"Oh thank god." She said lightly.

"We got it from here Mack." Brett said. She nodded her head. That took a lot of energy out of her. I tossed her a bottle of water as we were packing up.

"You surprised me. Screw that you surprised all of us." I told her.

"I didn't want to give up. I saw that I was able to get that kid breathing again. He had a lot more to live for." She said.

"Good job." I said giving her a hug.

"Thanks." She replied. Something was off. She kept a straight face. Even when she relized that she saved that kid's life she didn't seem happy.

At firehouse

When we got back Mack took off her gear and went to lay down. I followed her back.