Im here no matter what

Severides pov

That night I couldn't help, but think about what Mack said. That's what our fire house is,a family. I could hear someone walk past my office. I looked over and it was Mack.  I walked out and followed her.

"You ok." I asked. I startled her.

"Oh...hey ya. I just wanted a drink. You startled me." She said.

"Sorry about that." I said chuckling. I think it's time that I ask her.

"Hey follow me." I said.

"Okay." She said. We walked to the squad table and sat down.

"So Mack. I was wondering... uh will you go out with me." I asked. She looked at me shocked.

"Yes. I will go out with you, but I thought we weren't aloud because we're both on squad." She said.

"All we have to do I keep it on the down low." I said.

"Alright well I'm going to bed. See you in the morning." She said and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight" I replied. It felt good knowing that we're dating.

*Next morning*

Macks pov.

I woke up all happy. I didn't know that he liked me as well. I have to remember to keep it down low. Which means I might not be able to tell Gabby. I headed out to get breakfast I could feel his eyes watching me. I looked over my shoulder and saw him talking to Matt.

After I was done eating I headed to where all of the gear is to grab mine. Severide snuck up on me.

"Hey beautiful." He said smiling.

"Oh shit. Severide you scared me." I said.

"We tend to scare each other. Sorry." He said smiling.

"It's fine just watch your back." I said with a smirk.

"Come here beautiful." He said then kissed me. I heard someone coming so I pushed him away.

"Hey guys. You ok." Herrmann asked.

"Yea we were just grabbing are gear." I said.

"Ok." Herrmann said. Severide and I scurried out of the gear room.

"That was close." I said.

"Yea." He replied. He kissed me on the top of my head.

"No ones around. So no one will catch us." He chuckled.

"Ambulance 61,squad 3,truck 81. Kids trapped under heavy metal." Severide and I looked at each other.

"Thats weird." He said. I nodded.

*at call*

When we got there. There was 4 kids stuck under heavy metal. The dad said that the kids were messing around his equipment even though he told them to stop. All of sudden the beams fell.