A glitch

I feel the bed shift slightly and it jolts me awake, making me fall off the warm mattress and onto the hard floor. Ouch...

"Amberley! Are you okay?" I hear a deep voice say sleepily.

My eyes scan the room and find Caleb standing on the other side of the bed, looking like he just woke up. Oh wait he did. He runs his hand through his already very messy hair and yawns.

"Uh...yeah." I whisper.

He nods and comes over to me to help me get up. I grab his outstretched hand and he yanks me up. The sudden movement makes me dizzy and I stumble into Caleb's chest. I awkwardly freeze with my hands resting on his chest and stare up at his eyes. His eyes glow yellow with lust and his claws break through his fingertips and into my skin, making me yelp in pain. He instantly lets go of me and shuts his eyes quickly. I take a few steps away from him and watch as he tries to keep his wolf calm. We stand in silence for a few minutes. The only thing I can hear is the ticking of the clock on the wall.

He looks over to me and sighs.

"My wolf doesn't like sharing you." He murmurs.

My eyes widen and I look down at my feet. What am I going to do? I can't hurt either of them! I slowly sit back into the bed and completely zone out. Caleb crouches down beside of me and holds my hands in his.

"I'm not asking you to pick me. I just want you to be happy. And you will never be happy until you pick one of us." Caleb says softly.

I look into his beautiful eyes and sigh deeply. Why me? Haven't I had an awful life already?

"Why is this even happening? I'm only supposed to have one mate! One! Not two!" I yell frustratingly.

"I think it's time to find some answers. We should have done it sooner, A." He stands up and walks over to the door, motioning for me to follow.

I obey and walk out of the room and through the maze of halls. Once we are downstairs I see Darius in the kitchen laughing with Anna. And of course we have to ruin their happy moment. Walking in the kitchen, Caleb clears his throat loudly. Darius's head whips around to us and he smiles brightly at me.

"Hey Amberley! Sleep well?" He asks.

I only nod and then hide behind Caleb because I know he is going to get angry in a few minutes. Darius's eyes flash with hurt then confusion and then back to normal.

"Oh and your family will be here soon. They will be here in four days time. They said that if they could be here sooner they would be. And they love you." Darius says trying to break the awkward tension.

I smile slightly at this but don't come out from behind Caleb. After a few more moments of silence I decide that Caleb has wimped out so I walk in front of him to find his eyes glazed over from talking to someone with the mind link. Great...

Darius still looks confused from this situation so I sigh and decide to just get it over with. Some mate I got. Leaving me to talk to his father...

"Uh...you see...uh w-when I got here I...uh...found out Alex was my m-mate." I struggle to get out.

I bite my lip and fiddle with my fingers nervously. Darius nods, telling me to go on so I take a deep breath and keep going.

"B-but then I s-saw Caleb and....I...umm...uh...well...uh...he's my mate too. And I'm r-really confused from this." I say shakily.