Way out

I feel the entire building shake furiously then I hear a cracking sound that sets my body into panic mode. Though I can't see, I know that we are fixing to fall through the floor. I try to jump out of bed but my legs buckle and I fall to the breaking floor.

I hear Caleb yell and it quickly fades telling me that he's fallen through the floor! Holy crap! Then I suddenly feel the floor under me give way and I start plummeting toward the ground. I scream as the air whips around me and I land on top of rubble. My breath is knocked out of me once I hit the ground and I struggle to breathe in a breath of sweet air.

I sit up and air instantly goes into my lunges thankfully. I hear someone yell my name and then a thud beside of me. My Father's scent hits my nose and I crawl over to where I heard him hit the ground.

"Daddy?" I croak.

There was silence for a moment then I hear a large intake of breath.

"Amberley. Come here." He says quickly.

I reach out for him and feel my fingertips graze his. But before I could grab hold of his hand the ground gives way again and I fall through once again. This time when I hit the ground I break through the other floor and keep going.

When I land I don't even have time to feel pain because I blackout instantly.

Dang it! I just woke up!

------------------
Alex's POV
------------------

I open my eyes to find the sun shining brightly through the leaves. I try to get up but I'm pinned under the tree I was thrown into. I squirm but I can't get the giant branch to budge. Maybe if I shift into my human form then I can crawl out... it's worth a shot.

I shift and instantly am able to get out from under the tree. Once I'm in the open I check for wounds but other than a few bruises I'm perfectly fine. Dang I'm lucky...

Wait! Amberley! I have no clue if she got somewhere safe before the storm. I have no clue if she was okay! Without another thought, I shift into my wolf and run with all the energy I have left toward the hospital. Nearly every small tree I pass has been ripped up and thrown around, making the ground coated in sharp sticks. As I run I feel a stick stab into my paw, making me yelp in pain. I trip and barrel roll to a stop, whining when I hit my bruises.

The wind picks up slightly, making me shiver from the cold. Even though I'm in wolf form, I still get cold from the winter wind. I pick myself up slowly, shivering from the winter cold. My paw throbs from the stick that went through it. I use my teeth and rip that sucker out with a quick motion of my head. I yelp from the pain and drop the bloody stick to the ground.

I limp my way toward the pack as fast as my three paws can take me, dodging the sticks that are pointing up. What a freaking day...that's probably what Caleb would say if he was with me. I miss my brother. I miss me and him hanging out and creating a disaster in the pack. 

I remember the time we decided to put on a rogue's clothing and run around the pack, making everyone freak out.

"Hurry up Alex!" Caleb whispers frantically.

I turn the door knob and run inside the restricted storage room. Caleb and I had the best idea today and decided to find some rogue clothing and run around the pack, making everyone freak out. I shuffle through some of the cardboard boxes but only find some pack documents.