My beta

Oh no no no no...this can't be happening...

"Amberley!! Wake up! Open your eyes and talk to me baby!" I hear Jared's voice calling from a distance...

I'm so cold...and tired...

I start to hear his frantic pleas come closer and closer until thy are being screamed into my ears. My eyes fly open and I try to jump up, but a shooting pain goes through my leg. I scream and hold back the tears. Holy crap bad idea...my eyes focus on Jared who has cuts, that are healing already, all over his face. Oh yeah the crash... I dare to look down and of course...

"Seriously...my life starts looking amazing and those two dimwits decide to ruin it...and now I have my bone sticking out of my leg..." I say annoyed.

Jared looks shocked that I ain't freaking out...oh shit...the babies.

"Oh...oh oh my gosh are the babies ok? Oh my gosh please tell me they are ok!! I look down at my already growing bump (as you all know werewolf pregnancies are fast.)

Jared's eyes change and he lets his wolf take over. His wolf listens intently and then lets Jared take control once more.

"I still hear all of their heart beats. But we still need to get all of you checked out." He says worriedly.

My heart rate slows a little knowing they are all still alive. I look back down at my leg and decide I need to stop being delicate...fragile...needy... I grab my leg and brace myself and i push my leg bone back into place. Blood pools around me and finally I hear a loud pop through My screams.

Well that went better than expected. Jared stares at me like I've gone made but then pride is evident on his face. My wolf whines and tells me how cute he looks when he's proud of us...

"Come on lets get all of you to the hospital." He says while he rips the seatbelt off of me and picks me up as if I weigh nothing.

Thankfully we were really close to the hospital so I was quickly seen. The doctors stitched my leg up and said it'd heal within a few days so that's a plus. I also demanded an ultrasound to make sure my babies were all alright. The doctor pointed out the girls were both hiding behind the boy...he looked as if he was purposely protecting his sisters...like they all knew something happened.

The doctor stared at the screen quite amazed and so did Jared and I.

"They all seem ok. Baby C might be a little jostled from the collision...seems he was closest to the seatbelt when y'all rammed into the tree. But just come see us in a couple days if anything at all changes." The doctor said before escorting us out.

Relief foods my limbs and all the adrenaline that was keeping me up starts to fade. Ok I'm exhausted. I lay my head on Jared's chest and he carries me to my moms truck. Yeah we had to call my mom, and don't worry my dad is watching the kids.

As he opens the door their scent hits my nose again. Fear runs through me and I grow ridged. Jared notices and stares at me worriedly.

"Amberley..." a voice mutters from behind Jared.

Caleb...

Jared whips around and snarls at a beaten Caleb. He looks pitiful... his face is bloody and swollen and his body is gnawed....

"Wh-what are you doing her Caleb?" I ask him shakily.

His eyes fall to my baby bump and a hear a small growl erupt from his throat. He looks back up at me apologetically.

"It's my wolf. He heard you were expecting...he...we need to make sure you stay safe...and the baby." He says.

I knew he couldn't help his instincts...when the female mate conceives, even if it isn't theirs, their wolf instills in them a need to protect their mate in this vulnerable time.yes even if they are rejected.

This is why I didn't want anyone knowing. My mom probably posted it on social media or something...

I look behind Caleb and see a just as badly beaten up alex, holding himself up by leaning on a car. He's here for the same reason...I feel bad for both of them...they can't help it. And even if I don't give them a place to stay they will literally find a place as close as possible to make sure I'm ok.

Jared growls at the two males that are a possible threat to his family. Well more of an annoyance. But even he looks like he feels sorry for them. I sigh and look at Jared. He knows what I'm thinking and nods his head. He looks back up to the dimwits that are bleeding quite badly.

"Get in the back...if y'all start squabbling I will kill you both myself. If you get close to her or even look at her in a funny way I will rip your eyeballs out and burn you alive got it? You will help around the pack house and not cause any trouble. And if there is any disrespect to me or the alpha, our pack will take it as a sign of war. Hurt any of my kids, I will make you watch as I slowly slit your families' throats. Now get in the bed if the truck." He growls venomously.

My beta.

Jared places me gently on the truck and gets in beside me. I feel the back dip down as the two dimwits jump in. Well at least I have Jared...thank god I have him. His arms wrap around me and I nuzzle into him warm body. This is what it's supposed to feel like. As if nothing could ever hurt you when you are here...I feel safe...cared for...loved.

The ride home was a blur as I slowly fall asleep in Jared's arms.

Why couldn't he have been my mate?

What'd you think?

Vote
Comment