1: A Normal Day on the Farm

The sun hadn't even risen yet and already Leia Skywalker was up and moving. It was her turn to prepare breakfast that day, and because of it she had been forced to get up at an ungodly hour. But one benefit of waking up so early was that she had the entire farm to herself almost, with her annoying brother and aunt and uncle still asleep for a couple more hours.

Sighing quietly to herself, Leia finished chopping up the fish Luke had bought at Mos Eisley yesterday and wrinkled her nose at the gross stench. Fish always smelled bad until one washed them, or so Aunt Beru had told her.

Thankfully that was true, and after Leia had finished skinning and washing the meat, she put it into the fire to heat up, and set her chrono for an hour. Realizing that she had an hour to spare before the fish would be done, Leia set about crushing the spices and mixing and cutting the vegetables, which only took about half an hour.

The part that came next was Leia's favorite thing about making breakfast. She walked into the crater and up into the domed entrance of the farm house, and took in a big gulp of air; fresh, clean-smelling air.

Leia sighed contentedly, enjoying the little tendrils of wind that wrapped around her face and pulled gently at her chestnut brown hair. She walked over to the edge of the crater and sat down, her legs dangling into the pit that was the Skywalker-Lars abode. The dome was merely a fancy stairwell that connected the two.

It was there that she waited, either for the suns to rise or for her chrono to beep. Already the sky had gotten much brighter since Leia first woke up, and she knew it wouldn't be long before the first sun rose.

She normally took this time to think, because heaven knows she could almost never hear herself think with the bustle of her annoying, hyperactive brother and the multiple droids moving about the farm. But, she also enjoyed the rare moments where the farm was busy; it helped keep her mind busy as well.

Unlike Luke, Leia prided herself for never beating around the bush, always being short and simple in no regards to others' feelings or opinions on the matter. She always stated her facts, and whoever disagreed with her would have to take it up with her personally. Perhaps it was Luke's infuriatingly calm, negotiating behavior that had made her this way, but either way she didn't care.

Another infuriating fact about her brother was that he was always so busy staring up at the sky and dreaming. Dreaming, dreaming, dreaming. But no good had come out of his foolish illusions so far, and Leia highly doubted he'd ever fulfill his dreams of leaving this sandy rock heap because Uncle Owen needed his help around the farm.

There was also the fact that they were only fourteen, and Uncle Owen wasn't getting any younger. By the time Luke would be old enough to submit his application into the Imperial Academy, Uncle Owen would need even more hands on the farm than he did now.

It just wasn't realistic, leaving to enlist. And Leia knew it but just didn't have the heart to tell her brother. Because however harsh she may seem, her harshness always faded away whenever Luke seemed hurt by her words or actions, and she always felt guilty about every fight that did indeed leave him hurt.

Leia's brother was one of the nicest people she knew, and it made her so mad she could spit.

Because Luke always got rewarded for his work by going to Toche station. Luke got to go to Mos Eisley to pick up supply shipments because Uncle Owen was too busy to do it himself. Luke got to actually go out and experience the planet, while silly old Leia stayed behind as a backup plan, helping Aunt Beru cook, or clean, or any sort of stupid mindless task.

Leia grabbed a rock and violently threw it into the crater, satisfied when it broke into pieces. Life just wasn't fair, and Leia, with all her practicality and logic, knew that to be an unchangeable fact. But it didn't mean she couldn't be mad about it.

Hey, guys! Sorry for the short chapter, but that's all I could really think of for this one XD

This book was just kind of an idea that popped into my crazy, Star Wars filled head and I was like "sure, why not" and here it is.

Ta da.

So I'm planning on either making this book EXTREMELY long or making separate books in a part of a miniseries, with each book being the experiences of twin Luke and Leia in between the movies and during them as well. Comment on which one you'd like more, and I'll see what I can do.

Thank you for all of the support on TaT and HotF, and I'll update TaT next. This is my first time dealing with dual stories that I have to update, but I'm sure I'll figure it out soon XD

I LOVE YOU ALL,
Nelgiz :)