12: A Sister's Wrath

Kaye sighed quietly. "How far away are we?"

"Kaye, it's been, like, two minutes."

"I know, I know. But still."

Leia sighed in exasperation and kept walking, feeling a sharp pain in her leg. Her guess was that when she fell her leg may have popped, and now it was just painful enough to consider it hurt.

They were quiet for a few moments, then Kaye broke the silence. "Do you think Luke's okay?"

"I don't think they killed him, if that's what you mean. He's probably just being held by the troopers until further notice." Leia said softly, biting her lip.

"Leia... If we're going to break him free then we'll need to kill stormtroopers, and then everyone else would be set free. We would be committing treason." Kaye stated quietly, and Leia looked down at the ground.

"Hopefully we'll get him out before anyone can identify us."

"Yeah. Hopefully." Kaye repeated, walking forwards right behind Leia.

Leia rubbed her shoulders, shivering. "It's actually kind of chilly down here."

"Yeah I know. It was cold last night too when Luke and I hung out."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. He said you were leaving for the Imperial Academy?"

Kaye sighed. "Yeah. I leave on Tuesday."

"Goodness, that's three days from now!"

"Yeah I know. I guess I could have told him earlier."

"And why didn't you tell me? We've been friends for longer than you and Luke have!"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but that was because I didn't know. The Academy just told me yesterday, and normally you have three days notice to pack your things before they come get you. Luke was the first person I saw, so he was the first person I told."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Leia and Kaye walked side by side in silence, with Leia kicking rocks in front of her and Kaye looking around. Kaye finally broke the silence again, sighing. "I think I'm going to break up with him."

Leia pursed her lips, but kept walking. "I don't blame you; I can imagine being separated could be hard."

"Also, I'm not really that in love with him anymore."

"Why not?"

"I don't know, really, I guess I just sort of lost it. He started being more of a nuisance than a boyfriend after awhile."

"Oh?" Leia asked calmly, but on the inside she was becoming a little irritated. My brother is not a nuisance.

"Yeah... I dunno, he's just... Almost too nice. You know what I mean?"

"Yes, actually." Leia grimaced. "I worry about him sometimes because he's all heart and no brain."

Kaye chuckled. "Exactly."

"I'm just worried that someone may really hurt him someday." Leia said quietly, slowly.

Kaye got the message, and fell silent. The two walked again, and Kaye decided she didn't like the silence much anymore.

"You sure do seem to come to his defense a lot."

"Yeah, I do. He comes to my defense too."

"I know, but it seems like he's always hurt or whining about something and you have to go save the day."