5: Defiant Stares and Angry Glares

"Look, there's the speeder!" Leia exclaimed, pointing towards the shiny object in the distance that was definitely a speeder of some kind, and considering she came from this way, it was definitely theirs.

"Shut up!" Luke whispered harshly, grunting as he climbed up the cliff after Leia.

"You shut up!" She replied, shocked and angry at his outburst.

Luke shook his head. "I didn't mean it like that, I just meant the Sand People could hear us if we shout."

"Oh." Leia stated simply, dropping her defiant stare and climbing down the side of the cliff closest to the speeder. Luke followed, and after a quick glance back at the cliffs to make sure they weren't being followed, hopped into the speeder Leia brought -their only speeder now- and sped away with her in the passenger's seat.

They arrived on the farm quickly, and parked the speeder. Uncle Owen rushed outside in confusion, but then a mixture of pure happiness and rage plastered onto his face as he walked over to the speeder.

"Luke, I'm overjoyed to see that you're okay." He stated, smiling as he ruffled Luke's hair. His gaze darkened, however, as it shifted to Leia, who automatically sunk into her seat. Oh boy.

"Leia Skywalker, what were you thinking?!" He shouted, making both Luke and Leia wince and Leia cower inside the speeder.

"You could have gotten yourself killed going out there in that storm! On top of that, your aunt and I went mad trying to search for both of you! I know that Luke's mishap wasn't his fault, but you going after him and not consulting either of us and taking our brand new speeder out into a storm..."

Uncle Owen trailed off, sighing loudly and smashing his fist against the wall, making Leia duck instinctively and squeeze her eyes shut, her heart pumping so loudly she was sure the entire galaxy could hear it.

When she opened her eyes she saw Luke look at her pityingly, and she felt defiance rising up against that pity and the fact that none of this was fair.

"Well, I only went after Luke because the storm was fading, and I knew you and Aunt Beru wouldn't let me go so I took it upon myself to go find him! Which, for your information, I ended up rescuing him! After being kidnapped by Sand People..." She trailed off, realizing too late that she shouldn't have added the last part.  Luke looked downright horrified at her little conclusion, and Uncle Owen turned around slowly.

"What?" He hissed, and Leia shrank back.

"I-"

Aunt Beru rushed out of the door and hugged both Luke and Leia, tears brimming at the corner of her eyes. "Oh, thank goodness! Your uncle and I were so worried!"

Leia smiled grimly as she had the air squeezed out of her by her overly-loving aunt, and Luke had a similar expression when it was his turn. Uncle Owen, however, still looked furious.

"Leia, I want you in your room for the rest of the day. Luke can bring your dinner to you. As for you, Luke, you're not in trouble but I need your help to go and try to fix the speeder you took out yesterday."

Leia glared furiously at her uncle, slowly getting out of the speeder and slamming the door without breaking eye contact. Uncle Owen stared evenly back at her, raising his eyebrows and narrowing his eyes as he took on Leia's challenge of who could stare the longest without breaking eye contact.

"Now." He stated firmly, and Leia gritted her teeth, reluctantly broke eye contact, and stomped out of the garage, stomping down the stairs and slamming her door shut.

She slammed a pillow onto her face and screamed, sighing soon after.

It just isn't fair! I try to save my brother and actually do it and Uncle Owen is still angry! What more does he want from me?!