Chapter 3

I headed home by 10:15, don't want to be in any more trouble than I already am. I laid down in the den hat my brothers and I share and placed my head on my paws. I then closed my big light blue eyes and drifted off to sleep.

---------------------------------NEXT DAY---------------------------

I woke up the next morning bright and early. Leo and Jack were already up. "Are you ready to play with us?" Leo asked. "Sorry, Leo I've got human school 5 out of the 7 days of the week. I'll play when I get home, okay?" I told them.

They both whimpered and set their ears flat against the sides of their head. "Okay," they said and padded off out of the den.

I phased into my human form and quickly got dressed. Mom days I need to act better, but if that girl comes at me again, it's on!

I put on a long sleeved pink shirt with my gray jacket. I put on a pair of dark skinny jeans and a pair of knee-high brown boots.

I brushed out my hair and put them into two french braids on both sides. Once I was done I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. "Good morning," My mom said as she placed some bacon on my plate.

"Morning, and thanks," I told her. She nodded her head. "You want a ride to school," she asked. "Nah, I'm going to walk,"I told her as I finished off my bacon. "Okay, have a good day at school, and remember-" She started. "I know, I know mom," I told her.

I was out the door before she could speak. I started walking toward the school, soon standing in front of the school. I headed into the big double doors.

I smelt the same smells as before. Some bad others better. Many different perfumes and colognes as yesterday, I could smell. I looked around seeing what everyone was rushing off to see. As I got closer I could hear them chanting, "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

I was now intertwined within the crowd of people and in the center was two boys, about my age I would say. One was on the ground while the other was on top of him. The one on top looked up, and straight at me. I couldn't look away.

He's eyes were a very nice shade of brown. I felt a magnetic pull toward him like I was meant for him. I slowly remembered what my dad had told me two nights ago.

"You'll find your mate in your own time. You'll know who he is when you feel a magnetic pull toward him, and remember, only wolves are soul mates to other wolves, you won't just click with just any person, just the right person."

Oh great, I quickly broke the gaze and went in the opposite direction. I have to avoid this boy no matter the cost. Even if my wolf nature wants him. I don't even know him! I arrived at my math class early, much to my dismay.

I quickly sat down beside Lana. "Hey, where di you disappear to yesterday, I didn't see you at lunch." She asked. I shifted my feet, nervously. "I got into a fight," I told her.

She looked at me shocked. "You're the one who beat up the queen bee!" She said, more like screamed it. I nodded my head. Her mouth changed from shocked to a smile. "Good, she finally gets what she deserves." I smiled back.

Soon other students filed into the classroom. Lana and I took our seats. "Class calm down, what happens in the hallways stays in the there. Now please take out your homework from last night." the teacher said.

I pulled out my homework when the door opened, I looked to see who it was and discovered it was him. Of course, it was him! I thought he would have gotten suspended but I guess not. 

"Caleb Williams, I see you've decided to join us, take a seat." the teacher said. Soon I realized the only seat available was on the other side of e, I think he- I mean Caleb, noticed it as well, cause he sent a smirk my direction that could just make your-

Stop that thought right now! You don't even like him let alone know him! Caleb came and sat down. "Okay class let's began going over your homework." the teacher said and went back to the board.

I tried to focus on what the teacher was saying but Caleb kept getting jumbled up in my thoughts. I tried my best to ignore it, but it wouldn't go away!

I was so happy when the bell rang. I quickly packed up my stuff and practically ran out of the classroom. I arrived at art early, much to my dismay. No one was in the room except me, but as soon as I heard the door slam behind me I knew I wasn't alone.

"Who are you and what are you doing here, on my family's land?" I heard Caleb say. I turned around to face him.This time I had a good look at him. He had dark brown shaggy hair with the most incredible forest green eyes I've ever seen.

"Well?" He asked snapping me out of my thoughts. "I, I'm sorry, my parents sent me to the closest school which was here. Before you ask, no I don't know why they sent me here, they don't really like humans." I told him.

He huffed. "Fine, what's your name?" "Melody Fang," I told him simply. "Well, Melody Fang, I suggest you stay away from me unless you want to get hurt. those were his last words before exiting the room. I can't stand it here!

I ran out of the room and out the back doors of the school. I needed to get away! I phased in the woods as soon as I reached them. I didn't care where I was going, just away from here at all costs!

I heard a growling sound behind me. I turned around and saw three huge wolves. "Who are you and what are you doing on our land!" they sent to my mind.

"I'm Melody Fan, my father is Jessa Fang, Alpha of my pack. I got to the school that's not far from these woods." I told them as brave as I could, not showing that I was terrified, even though I am.

The biggest one huffed, sort of like Caleb when he did. "fine, you better get back to the school. I'll have a talk with Jess, he knows none of his pack is allowed on our land." The same wolf said. I nodded my big wolf head before rushing off back to the school.

I phased back and heard the bell rang signaling lunch time. I ran back inside and into the cafeteria. I quickly spotted Lana. "Hey," She said as we sat down at a table. "So what's up? People said you ran out of the school. Is that true?" She asked. I looked down toward the floor. "Yeah, it's true." 

"Why?" She asked. "Cause, I have family issues at the moment that's all," I said in a rather loud voice. "Oh, okay. I guess that makes since. You need your space." She said. I nodded my head.

Ove from the other side of the cafeteria I spotted Caleb. He as glaring at me. I guess he heard what happened with me.

---------------------AFTER SCHOOL---------------

School soon ended and I walked home to find a very angry papa wolf. My dad was in his human form, which is rare for him. "Melody June Fang, we need to talk to you now!" He said angrily.

I lowered my head in shame. I sat on the couch. "Wy were you in the woods during the school day? I've been informed that the Williams Pack leader is coming over for dinner tonight. Why is that? Oh, I now cause you told them to talk to us about why you're going to that school!" He yelled at me.

I lowered my head down even further. Soon the door bell rang. "I'll get it," My mom said. She went to get the door. "Stay here, " My father said.

I watched as the other pack leader walked into the room. Who walked into the room first just made me want to die.