Chapter 9

It's now Saturday night, which means Caleb's family will kidnap me tonight, which right now it's about 5 o'clock. "Are you sure this will work?" I asked Caleb and I snuggled up to him on my living room couch. "Yes, I'm sure it will work, Mel, if it doesn't I'll do whatever I can do to help your family get away and I'll go with you anywhere and anytime." He said.

"You're the best Caleb," I told him. "I know." He said cocky. I smacked him with a pillow. "What was that for?" He asked. I just rolled my eyes.

My parents then came into the living room. "Oh, hey you guys." My mom said. "Hey, mom what's up?" I asked her. "Nothing, but we all need some sleep before tomorrow." She said. Or tonight I thought.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I said. I looked over at Caleb. "Goodnight Caleb," I told him and gave him a kiss, which he returned. "Goodnight Princess," He told me before leaving.

"Bed, not honey," Dad said. I nodded my head and id as I was told. I laid down in my wolf form beforeI drifted off to sleep, hoping we would hopefully win and Caleb's plan works.

It was around midnight when I felt a hand over my mouth as I suspected. "Be quite wolf, or you'll get seriously hurt." the unknown voice said. I did as I was told and was soon loaded into a big truck. "You really think the Alpha's plan is going to work?" One asked the other.

"I don't know, but is going crazy after his mate died a few years ago, I'd be happy to leave his pack if there ever is a chance to leave." the other person said.

Wait, then who was the woman who was with them when they visited my house, was that not Caleb's mom? The van jumped and jolted a little when the road/woods got bumpy. Soon the doors opened and I was commanded to get out.

I was taken to a small little room. "Phase to your human self." one of the guys said and I did as I was told. Once I was human I sat down on the floor, waiting. "Okay, son you think you can do this?" A familiar voice said outside the door.

"Yes, sir. Anything for your father." Caleb's voice rang through my ears. "Good," and then hearing footsteps walk away, which were not Caleb's. "Mel," a single voice said and opened the door, propping something against it so it wouldn't close.

"Yeah," I told him. He ran up and gave me a hug. "They didn't hurt you did they?" He asked worriedly. "No, I'm fine," I told him. "So how long do you think it will take my parents to notice I'm gone?" I asked. "No long, hopefully," Caleb told me. "Thanks for being there for me," I told him. He hugged me again and smoothed my hair down. "Always and forever," he whispered.

"I better get back outside the door. I'll be back, though." He said. I nodded my head. "Okay," I said and gave me a quick peck on the lips before he went out and stood guard.

It got boring in here without someone to speak to. Every now and then Caleb would come back in, but then would leave quickly. I laid down on the floor and felt myself fall asleep. When I heard next was a door slam, which woke me up. "We need to go now, your pack is on the way I heard some guy say so."

I got up off the floor."Okay, let's go." I said. He took my hand and interlocked our fingers and we quickly went out of the room and out the door I came in, well the way they brought me in I think.

We were soon running through the woods around 9 am on a Sunday morning, yay, note the sarcasm. "They are right there," I told Caleb and we followed behind them. They didn't know we were there.

Soon ahead I saw Caleb's family approaching surrounding by trees. "We need to phase and wait until my father stops talking and then we run out onto the field to stop them. Got it?" Caleb said. "Got it. Let's go." I said and we both phased and ran for those trees.

"Ah, I see you're here for your daughter." Caleb's father said. My dad growled. "What did you do to her?" He shouted back to Caleb's father. "Nothing to harm her, for now." That made my dad even madder.

It was my moms turn to speak. "Why are you doing this?" "For revenge! I know it was your pack who kill my wife a few years ago!" Caleb's father shouted. The whole field went silent. I looked over a Caleb.

"It's true, the person you saw the night my family came over to yours, that wasn't my mother. It was my Aunt. She had to be forced to marry him to keep the pack she was in still linked to his. I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, but now you know. What's not true is that your family didn't take part in killing her, I know that for a fact." Caleb told me, worried I would do something crazy, which I would have.

"I'm sorry Caleb, I bet she was a wonderful person," I told him and pressed my coat up beside his. "It's okay, it's over and done." He told me. 

We focused our attention back to the field. "We didn't kill Elizabeth!" Dad shouted. "Where is your proof then?" Caleb's father said. My father didn't say anything. "Who was the last member to join your pack in the last few years?" Caleb's father spoke again.

"Matthew Garrett was the last to join since your wife died. He was alone and we brought him in and he became a part of our pack, our family." Dad said.

Wait, so could Matthew be the killer of Caleb's mother?