Chapter 8

Only 1 day left, I thought as I got ready to meet Caleb at the school. One day and my lift will change forever. I placed my hair into a high ponytail.

Once I was dressed I headed out towards the living room and found the whole pack sitting there discussing the plans. "So, we are supposed to trust this boy? I mean he could betray us for all we know!" a man named Matthew shouted.

I walked over to them. "Yes, you are supposed to trust him. He's choosing an enemy pack over his own, just to make sure nothing happens to me. If you know what trust was then maybe you would trust him like I do."

That was the last thing I said before I left the room and raced off to the school to see if Caleb had any news from his father. When I reached the school, I saw Caleb waiting for me. "Hey," I said and gave him a hug, which he returned.

"Hey Mel, so I found out some stuff, but you're not going to like it." He said and gave me a quick peck on the lips. "Okay, what is it?" I asked. He looked at me sadly. "They are going to kidnap you so that your family will come looking for you." He finished.

"So are we just suppose to let them kidnap me?" I asked him. "Yes," He said and I looked at him like he was crazy, which he was. "But I convinced my dad to let me stand guard of you, you know once I convinced him that there was nothing going on between us." 

I nodded my head. "So once they have you after awhile I will let you out and hopefully there are no other guards. Then we will go join your family, who will be looking for you." He said. "But wait, won't your family be angry with you?" I asked him.

"That's the point. Anyway, we, as in just us, you and me, will go up to my father and tell him the truth about us and that this war is nonsense and that instead of fighting we should join together as one pack. Hopefully, he will listen." Caleb finished.

I thought about it for a minute. "And what if he doesn't listen?" I asked him. "Then, we get out of there as quick as possible, along with your family of course. We will go away and never return here."

I nodded my head. "Are we going to tell my parents not or what?" I asked him. He smirked. "I think we should stick with it, but not tell them, and let them come. It would be better than letting them act it out. So no we aren't going to tell them. I'll just have to tell them that my father doesn't want to lose his only son and won't let me join him anymore." Caleb said.

I nodded my head again. "We better get going if we want to spend the day together," I told him. He laughed and we interlocked our fingers together and went off to do something fun before the chaos started.