Chapter 10

"You've covered up his smell with your packs." Caleb's dad said.

"That's a lie, I would never hurt anyone!" I heard Matthew shout and walk up to my parents and stood with them. I remember the day Dad brought Matthew in, he was covered in blood and dirt. He smelled like he had been in a fight, and that wasn't his blood on him. When my mom had cleaned him up there wasn't a scratch on him. They just assumed that it was his.

I knew Matthew didn't belong in our pack from the beginning. I just never knew why. "Matthew killed your mother Caleb," I told him. He looked at me. "What?" He said.

I told him what I was thinking in my mind, what I remembered about the day he came into my pack. Caleb growled. "What do we do now?" He said.

Soon Caleb's dad started running towards my pack. "He will die!" He said while running. "Now! We have to go now, Caleb!" I told him and we both ran down there at full speed. We ran in between my pack and Caleb's father.

"Melody, you're okay!" My mom said. I nodded. "This needs to stop now!" I shouted looking at my pack and Caleb's dad. I walked up to his dad. "You, need to stop. Yes, I agree with you, Matthew did kill your wife. I think instead of just you killing his, why don't both packs come up with a solution to deal with him." I told him.

He thought about it. I walked over to my pack. "Mom, dad, everyone else, I agree with him, when Matthew come into our pack, my family gave him a home. We clean and fixed him up. While my mom was cleaning him, he didn't have a scratch on him, and that wasn't his blood on his shirt that he was wearing that day either. I've always had my suspensions about you, Matthew." I said walking toward him. 

No one said anything. "Why, why did you do it? To cause more hatred between our packs? Or to get revenge on something, what?" I asked him. He had fire in his eyes. He was mad.

He started charging towards me. "Melody watch out!" I heard my dad say. I was about to run when I was slung across the field. I laid on the ground, trying to get my strength up to fight him. 

"Matthew stop this, now!" My dad told him. He just laughed and continued toward me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Caleb's dad behind Matthew, running towards him as if he's going to attack him.

I waited for the pain to hit me, but it never did. I sat up slowly as I could, Caleb was at my side in an instant. "Mel, are you okay?" He asked nuzzling me. "Yeah, I think so," I told him.

I got up on all four paws and looked at the scene before me. Caleb's dad and my dad were fighting Matthew. Together. Soon Matthew was knocked unconscious. Everything stopped.

My dad and Caleb's dad come up to us. "Thank you, Melody, even though I didn't want you here, I'm glad my son let you out so that you could help save both packs from a terrible loss in members of their packs." Caleb's  dad said.

I nodded respectfully. "You're welcome," I told him. He looked at me. "I can see you're the one for my son, I'm glad you guys found one another." He said. I nuzzled my head on Caleb's. His father turned around to speak to both packs. "I pronounce this feud we've had, over. Instead of fighting one another, we should help one another." He said. Both packs come together as one.

"Who will lead?" One of the pack members asked. Both of our dads looked at us. "Will you?" They asked. I looked at Caleb. He smiled his wolfy smile. "Yes, we will."

Howls of happiness went off on both packs. From this day forth we are one pack, united as one and stay as one until the end of time.