Chapter one

There was a slight rap on the door, Allison sat up from her slouching position on her bed. The dog jumped up and pranced down into the hallway. Allison slid on shorts and walked briskly down the stairs, she wasn't expecting anyone home for the next couple of hours. She finally got downstairs only to see that it was the delivery man.

She groaned, "I got up for no reason, come on Shelbie."

Allison picked up her dog and went into the kitchen to make a sandwich. After eating she went back to her bed and flipped on the television. Allison sat there a while staring at the tv although she had no idea what was happening on the screen. A little while later her phone rang,

"I'm coming over." Her girlfriend hung up without any time for any type of reply.

Allison wasn't in the mood to talk to, or be with anyone she got out of bed and pulled her hair into a ponytail. She looked in the mirror for a minute, cringed at her appearance and headed downstairs to ensure that the door was unlocked for Sam. 

Several minutes later Sam was at the door, she looked through the window and saw Allison sitting on the stairs in front of the door waiting for her.

"I was bored and figured I'd come over." she laughed

"That's fine-" She paused, her face bunched up as if she was going to cry

Sam walked over to her and grabbed her at the waist "Baby girl, what's the matter?"

Sam rested Allison's head on her chest and rubbed her back as they stood by the stairs.

"Baby, please don't cry, please, what's happened?"

"You should-" Allison was to choked up to speak.

"You really should go."

 "Allie-" Sam spoke with a firm but calm tone in her voice.

"What happened?"

"NOTHING! OK? I'M FINE!"

Sam stepped back but held on to Allison's shoulders.

"Allison Marie, you have been with me for 8 and a half months, you are most definitly not okay. You don't have to tell me what's wrong right at the moment, but I'm not leaving."

Allison wiped her face. "Can we go upstairs than?" 

They both walked up to Allison's room and put a movie in. After about 45 minutes into the movie Allison had fallen asleep. Sam re-positioned herself and fell asleep as well. A little while passed and Allison's mother came into the room, waking Sam who was a light sleeper.

"Are you girls alright in here?"

"Just fine Mrs.Anders, thank you."

 "Yell if you need anything, I'll be downstairs."

Sam slowly got up being careful not to wake Allison to change the movie. Sam sat back down and brushed a piece of Allison's hair off her forehead clearing a spot to kiss her gently. Allison let out a small smile and opened her eyes looking up at Sam.

"good morning." she said in a sleepy voice that could make anyone smile.

"It's 4 in the afternoon babycakes." Sam pressed her forehead to Allison's and looked into her glistening ice blue eyes.

"You know I love you. Right?"Sam asked

"Right, yes of course. I love you too."

"Are you going to tell me what's upsetting you?"

"Not yet." there was a pause.

"I will when I'm ready I promise ok."

Sam looked down, worriedly.