Chapter Nine

Allie's  Point of view~~~

My heart raced as I got into Sam's car. I felt bad for manipulating her, but I was almost ecstatic to be getting what I had wanted all along. I ran my fingers through Sam's soft, dark hair as she drove. I stared at her as she focused on the road. Her big brown eyes looked straight ahead. I wondered what was going through her mind, was she thinking of me as I thought about her? She must've noticed I was staring at her because she turned her head, still keeping her eyes peeled on the road. 

"Whatcha thinking about baby?" she asks in a soothing tone 

"Well," I paused, interlocking her fingers with my own 

"Let's see, I dunno, you." I bit my lower lip trying to fight back my smile. A smile grew across her face as well.

As we turned down her street I felt my stomach fluttering. It wasn't the intimacy I was looking forward to, I was just craving her touch, being close to her. I had felt so distant and needy the past week, taking everything and being able to give nothing back. I suddenly became lightheaded but ignored it because I knew Sam would take me home and I didn't want that. I needed to be with her, on a more personal level. Once we reached the house we headed over to the door. I wrapped my arms around Sam from behind and she held my hands onto her tummy. We both awkwardly waddled to the door. She patted her sides and spun around, I kept my arms wrapped around her and looked up at her as she pressed her nose to mine. My smile quickly faded as I came to realize something was wrong.

"What is it" I asked, not wanting the answer.

"I forgot I locked both keys inside." she looked down, clearly upset with herself

"Oh. . ." I paused trying not to sound upset. "I mean, that's ok!" I smiled at her to make it more believable. 

"How about we go see a movie or something?" I offered, although, there were no movies we hadn't already seen. 

"Well, since we've already seen most of the movies that are out, how about we eat dinner and stop at the store and buy a movie we haven't seen, and some candy." She forced a smile and looked up at me. 

"Yes. Let's." I grabbed her face and kissed her, then walked to the car holding her hand and not letting go until I was at my door. She grinned, believing that I wasn't upset, although I was, I didn't want her to feel bad, and I wasn't feeling to great anyway so it was probably for the best. 

"I actually have to stop at the house." She pauses looking at me as we stop at a red light for approval to stop at home. 

"That's fine." I said, dragging out the ending. We turned down my street a short while later and I decided I'd go inside to pee while she got whatever it was she needed. As I was coming through the house to the front door mom was leaving, which was weird, but not uncommon.

"I'll see ya later girls! Have fun." She smiled and nodded at Sam, I think because she was responsible for me, and closed the door behind her. I headed for the bathroom. 

"SAM-MYY!" I yelled, leaving an echo through my, what turned out to be, empty house. Sam came inside seconds later and told me to grab a blanket. I walked upstairs, Sammy following me to ensure safety. 

"Grab one for me will ya?" She sat with her legs criss-cross on my bed with her hands holding her ankles

"Where are we going anyways?" I draped the blankets over my shoulder and put my hands on her knees and bending over to see eye to eye with her. She looked down, smirking. 

"Just for a ride." her smirk grew into a smile, I knew something was planned and couldn't quite figure out what. 

"A ride to?" I pressed my nose to hers and put my hands on her face lightly. 

She pressed her hands to my face as well "To- Somewhere." She flashed a big smile.

"Well, If you're not going to tell me can we at least go eat?" 

"Sure." She nodded and hopped down from my bed. She grabbed my arms and walked backwards out of the room 

"Ah! shit." She yelled as she tripped over Tiger who was sleeping in the middle of the hallway for no apparent reason. I giggled and grabbed her arm to help her up. 

"Are you alright baby-" I asked genuinely, while dragging out the last syllable.

"My butt hurts." She stuck her lip out, giving me the puppy dog eyes as well.

"Do you need me to kiss it." I winked at her jokingly

"Yeah you can kiss my ass for laughing." She laughed as well as we hopped down the stairs. We slipped on our shoes and got into the car. 

"Where. Are. We. Going." I groaned, pausing after each word.

"To dinner, remember?"

"Where are we going for 'dinner' " I put air quotes around the word dinner knowing we were not going to dinner, because the diner was in the other direction. 

"Somewhere nice." 

"Nice?? I look like a trash bag."

"Yeah, A cute trash bag." I laughed at her comment and shook my head. 

"You're lucky you're cute."

"What's that supposed to mean?"  We continued driving for what felt like an hour. Every time I asked where we were going I got a different reply, but none of them were honest answers. 

"We're hereee! Wakey Wakey!" When I woke up we were inside a parking garage. Which took me a few seconds to realize. I squinted my eyes and turned to her. She kissed my nose and shut off the car. After she got out I sat there until I heard some peculiar, yet familiar noises. I opened the car door and hopped down from the seat. 

"Are we-" I looked up at the signs above which confirmed my incoming questions. We were indeed, at the airport. 

"Yep!" We're going on a trip!" She cheered and gave a huge smile, I knew she had something planned. Another question came to mind as I realized where we were.

"Where are we headed." 

"You'll find out shortly!" She grabbed my hand and handed me my suitcase and locked her car grabbing her suitcase as well. We headed over to the elevator where I heard my name being called by a familiar voice. I turned around and came face to face with the doctor I had while I was in the hospital. The real question was why was he here.