Chapter Fourteen

~~Sam's Point of View~~

Allie was now awake and wasn't doing so well but she was no longer unconscious. She was really out of it and had a high fever, the doctors had taken Allie over to a room where she'd stay for a however long until she was stable enough to be taken by flight back up to Indianapolis. I cried for the entire 3 hours we were there not knowing exactly what was going to happen to her. 

"Any news?" Mr. Anders came in carrying 3 coffees from the coffee shop down the road. 

"None yet. They'll be keeping here here until her fever goes down. That's all we know so far, they've gone to do some blood work as well." Mrs. Anders was trying to remain calm, I rubbed her back as she held Allie's hand. Allie had her eyes half open but wasn't talking much. 

It was around 1am now and everyone was beginning to doze off. Allie had been asleep for a while now as the medicine had made her tired soon after it was given to her. Doctors came and went all through the night. My eyes felt heavy as 5 am rolled around but I refused to fall asleep. I sat next to her in bed stroking her long hair. Her face was pale and her hair was a mess, and somehow she still managed to appear so beautiful. I couldn't help but worry about her. I had always been afraid of loosing her, and now it's all happening so soon and I'm not ready for it at all. I began to cry again at the thought of losing her. 

A nurse came in slightly before 7:30 and Allie had just woken up. 

"How's your pain level?" The nurse asked as she pulled out a thermometer. Allie shrugged. The nurse checked her temperature.

"What's it at?" Mr. and Mrs. Anders asked almost in sync

"102.4 It's gone down a good amount." It was over 106 when we got here and I was glad to hear she was getting better in at least one way. 

"Do you want some juice? Ginger ale?" Allie nodded 

"Which one sweet heart?" The nurse laughed. 

"Apple Juice." I answered. apple juice had always been her favorite, there was almost never a time she didn't have a cup of apple juice in her hand.

"I'll be back soon." The nurse smiled and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

"Do you need anything?" I looked over to Allie. Tears began to well up in her eyes as She tried to speak. I wiped away her tear with my thumb as it rolled down her delicate cheek. 

"Oh, Allie don't cry, you don't need to cry, everything's going to be okay. Alright?" She nodded and wiped her hand across her face and nodded throwing her arms around me. I closed my eyes to avoid letting her see me cry. I was scared as well but she didn't need to know that, I had to keep her believing that she was going to be okay. I sat facing towards her and brushed her hair back, her face was pale and sickly looking.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" she nodded and reached for the remote.

"I'll get it, don't strain yourself." she nodded and laid back. A doctor entered the room. He was tall and bulky.

"Mr. And Mrs. Anders?" He had a serious tone but a gentle smile.

"Yes?" They nodded worriedly

"Good morning girls." He smiled "Can I speak to you two in the hall?" Mr. and Mrs. Anders followed him out into the hall with concerned looks on their faces.

"Wh-" Allie cleared her throat "What's wrong with me? Am I really going to be ok?" She swallowed and her eyes began to well up with tears again. Seeing her cry I couldn't stand to lie to her and began crying myself.

"I-" I was to choked up to speak. After several seconds of silence I was able to speak up.

"I don't know for sure. I wish I could tell you the answer to that baby, but I can't, and I'm scared." She stared at me in shock, she probably wasn't expecting the truth and was paralyzed by it. The truth isn't always what's wanted, sometimes it's what's needed. I couldn't stand to lie to the only person I love at a constant unconditional amount. I laid with Allie held against me until her parents came back into the room. I tried to tell what they were feeling but their faces showed no emotion.

"Are you hungry?" Mrs. Anders asked us. I nodded, Allie shook her head and looked down.

"Mom?" Allie's voice shook

"Yes, baby?" Her mothers voice was concerned and calm.

"What did the doctor tell you?"

"He just said they're going to be doing some tests on you, blood tests, ct scans, x-rays, you'll be alright, don't worry, Are you sure you're not hungry?"

"Yes, thank you." She weakly smiled

"Alright We're going to go get something. You girls ok here by yourself for an hour or so? I'll bring you guys back something even if you're not hungry now Allie." I nodded in sync with her and they grabbed their stuff and left.

"Can we watch a movie please?" I nodded, grabbed the remote and laid down. Allie rested her head on my chest and fell asleep shortly after the movie started, which I figured would happen considering all the meds she was on. I could feel her fever and It was making me sweat but I didn't want to take off her blanket due to her being feverish which makes you cold, I left her there to sleep peacefully.

Until the doctor came back with a concerned look on his face.