Chapter Fifteen

~~Narrators Point of view~~

The doctor walked in bearing news that would bring everyone to tears.

"Mr. and Mrs. Anders Sorry to bother you at this time but-" He looked over at Allison And Sam and nodded

"I have an update for you guys." everyone became overwhelmed with fear, making them sick to their stomachs.

"Yes go ahead." Mr. Anders swallowed and nodded motioning with his hands

"Shall we step out?" He whispered noting that Allison was asleep

"Yes, that's fine." They all walked out into the hall and sat in the chairs outside the room.

"We've taken some blood tests and done some tests on her heart, and She's not doing so well. We're doing all we can to help but what's best is that we send you to the hospital in Indianapolis and allow them to make her comfortable in her hometown." Sam let out a gasp and tears began to stream down her face. The others followed suit as soon as the information they had just received hit them. 

"I'm terribly sorry, we'll be sending over some doctors to prep her for the flight in a few hours." Sam ran back over to Allison's room and woke her up with the crying. 

"Wha-" It took Allison a few moments to realize that Sam was crying. She rubbed her eyes

"What's going on?" She coughed and pushed back Sam's hair.

"They're taking you back to Indianapolis." She choked on these words because at one point just minutes ago those words would have been like sugar.

"That's good though, isn't it?" she was a bit curious as to why Sam was crying at such wonderful news.

"They" Sam had to gasp for air, she placed her head into her her hands. After several moments her parents came back in. 

"Mom, Dad, What's going on?" 

"You haven't told her?" Mrs. Anders asked Sam

"Not yet." She looked down, placing her hands onto her knees and taking a deep breath. 

"What's. Going. On?" Allison bit her lip and her eyebrows lowered.

"Allie, I love you, so much, you're so strong, but you're really sick, they don't think you're going to make it to long." Sam blurted out in one breath, trying her hardest not to cry. Allison's stomach dropped and she held her arms across her stomach.

"I need a bowl!" her hands flew over her mouth as she gagged. Sam ran over and grabbed a bowl for Allison just in time. As Allison cried while clenching her stomach with tight fists Mr. and Mrs. Anders made some phone calls alerting the family of the updates they had just gotten. Sam comforted Allison by rubbing her back with one hand and holding the bowl on Allison's lap. 

"You're gunna be okay." Sam whispered between Allison's sobs

"You're going to prove them wrong, baby, I -" She stopped herself from promising something she wasn't quite sure of, although she wanted it to be true. 

"I have faith in you, whatever happens, everything will be okay." Allison nodded and pushed the bowl away, wiping the area around her mouth with a cloth that Sam handed her. Allison laid back down and stared emptily into space, speechless, numb, knowing her fate was not what she wanted. Allison didn't believe a thing Sam was telling her, but she tried her hardest. 

"When do I get to go home?" Allison turned to her mother and father who were comforting each other nearby.

"As soon as we can get you there sweetheart." Her father smiled, but only with his mouth. Allison accepted this answer and asked for Sam to lay with her by patting the empty space next to her and holding her arm out.

"Just a second, Baby." Sam smiled and stood up to bring the bowl out to one of the doctors. Sam returned a minute later and  laid up against Allison and switched on the television. It wasn't for another hour and a half that the prep doctors came in and described what they'd be doing to take Allison back to Indianapolis. They got Allison into loose clothing and put her into a wheelchair. 

"Alright we have one of our assistants who's going to call the airport to come pick up your car, and you 3 will come in the helicopter with us." Everyone nodded and grabbed their bags that had been delivered the day before. They headed down a hall that seemed to be miles long with their heads down. They were escorted out to large red circle with an H in the center. The helicopter blades were spinning and making the debris on the rooftop blow around everywhere. The 2 doctors helped assist Allison onto the helicopter and secured her into a hospital bed that was installed. 

"Alright everyone else on." Mr. and Mrs Anders got in after Sam and sat in one of the too close together seats.

"Ready for flight." Everyone nodded and the helicopter took flight. The flight was a long, and virtually silent one. Everyone would exchange glances and then put their heads back down. Two and a half hours later they landed on top of the children's hospital in Indianapolis. They turned off the helicopter and everyone felt a sigh of relief knowing they were on their own turf again. Sam sighed, remembering that this, could really be it, she could be loosing the love of her life, although she was only 17 she knew that her and Allison would be together forever, and she didn't want some sickness to take that away from her. Once they had gotten settled into a room Allie was hooked up to a new set of Iv's and monitors and allowed to get comfortable before lunch time.

"How's your pain?" A nurse asked as she helped Allison get settled 

"Dull and annoying." Allison shrugged. Sam changed into pajama pants knowing they'd be settled in the room for the remaining portion of the day. 

"What do you girls want to eat?" Sam shrugged. Allison shook her head, the medicine she was taking made her feel nauseous and she wasn't in the mood to eat. Mr. Anders accepted this and sat back in the chair. He figured that if they weren't hungry yet then he wouldn't eat yet either. Doctors came and went medicines were given and vitals were taken, there was still no news of improvement, but there was none of worsening either. Allison would drift in and out of sleep every few hours but everyone else remained awake. Everyone fell asleep around 10 waking up every few hours to the sound of the door being opened by doctors checking her vitals. Allison seemed to sleep better tonight then any other, not waking up sick or in pain every hour or so but only twice the entire night. The next morning a doctor came in with a light smile on his face folding his hands in front of him.

"Allison? Mr. and Mrs Anders?" they nodded

"Yes, alright we've got some news for you"