Chapter Ten

Allie's Point of view~~~

As we were greeted by the doctor I became more and more curious as to why he was there. Where could a doctor be going? Didn't he have to take care of all the other children? 

"What are you doing here?" I asked trying not to sound bitchy

"I'm headed over to D.C. for a medical conference!" He checks his watch. "I really should be going! Have fun in Florida girls!" Sam smacked her face with the palm of her hand.

"Ya weren't supposed to tell her!" She yelled as he walked away, lifting a hand into the air to apologize. I jumped up and threw my arms around Sam, dropping my luggage.

"FLORIDA?" I screeched.

"You weren't supposed to find out yet!" 

"When were you going to tell me?"

"Well when they went 'Flight 227 to Orlando now boarding' I'd be like, "weyulll that is our flight." or that's how I hoped it'd be anyway." I could not stop smiling, I bent over and picked up my luggage, almost crying of happiness. My heart was racing as Sam and I walked up to luggage check and gave our bags to security and received our boarding passes.

"Why didn't we leave this morning though?" I asked, giving a smile to everyone who silently judged us or showed signs of disgust  as we walked by them holding hands. 

"Well the flights were all booked and we didn't want to be on a full flight anyways, and we had to make sure you made it through your first few days at home which is what the doctor recommended." I nodded as we spiraled through the security line that was virtually empty. We took off our shoes and put our backpack and blankets into the small plastic containers. 

"Step through the scanner." A man with a very monotone voice instructed as I stood with my arms up and feet apart as it swirled around me. 

"Clear." his voice made me sleepy. I walked through the other side and grabbed our shoes. As Sammy entered the scanner I put my shoes back on. She came towards me with a straight face and wide eyes. Signaling she noticed how boring he was as well. I handed her her shoes and helped her up as we headed to our gate. To my surprise, we met up with my mom, I don't know what compelled me to think she wouldn't be with us, what a strange thought. Though I was surprised to see my dad. 

"DADDY!" I ran over as he stood up and I hugged him.

"How's my little princess?" he kissed her forehead and pushed her back holding onto her shoulders.

"Well I guess I'm going to Florida, so pretty great! But hungry." I sarcastically glared at Sam. Dad pulled out his wallet. 

"I'll give you girls some money and you can bring us back some food too. How about it?"

"No need for money, I've got this." Sam smiled politely and interlocked her fingers with mine and led me down to some small restaurant a few gates over. After ordering we headed back over to where Mom and Dad were sitting. After waiting probably an hour they began calling everyone for boarding on the plane, we were in the front because of me having a 'medical priority' which frankly, I was okay with because the seats up front were so comfortable.  We were told the flight would be about 3 hours so Sam switched on a movie on the miniature t.v. in front of her and I leaned over onto her shoulder and took one of her headphones so we could share it. I was constantly tired and hungry and so leaning over led me to fall asleep on Sam's chest and I didn't wake up until there was only 30 minutes left on the flight. When I did wake up and became aware of my surroundings once again I came to realize that Sam had fallen asleep as well, she looked super uncomfortable with her head resting in her hand. The movie had ended and had turned to a blank screen. I sat up straight in my seat and hugged my knees to my chest, I was suddenly nauseous which I wasn't to happy about. There was however a bag in front of me in case I did happen to lose my dinner. There was a loud double tone which made Sam jump and wake up. 

"This is your captain speaking we ask that you turn off all electronic devices and put up your trays so we can begin our descent, Current weather for Orlando, Florida is 83 and sunny, Current time is 6:34 p.m." I placed my head on my knees, suddenly feeling sick and upset, although I had no reason to be upset given the circumstances. Sam glanced over at me and looked away, then back again. She brushed the hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear, stroking my cheek with the back of her fingers and cupping my chin to turn my face to hers. 

"What is it Als?" She had a look of concern in her eyes.

"I don't feel-" I reached forward and vomited into the bag before I could finish my sentence. 

"Is she OK?" my mom loudly whispered. I gave a thumbs up, and wiped my face with a cloth that Sam handed me. 

"Just motion sickness, I'm fine." I closed my eyes and placed my forehead to my knees. Sam rubbed my back. She flagged down one of the stewardesses and asked her for a cup of water which she quickly brought back in a bottle. I took a few sips and rested my head onto Sam's chest for the remaining time on the plane. 

When we were able to get off the plane I could smell the warmth as we walked into the airport. A wide smile spread across my face and my nausea went away almost instantaneously. I squeezed Sam's hand and swung our arms. Once we got our bags we headed over to some desk where a very grumpy looking woman was standing, which was understandable, it was the end of the day, and she probably had to deal with a lot of irritated customers who had been traveling all day. 

"I'm here to pick up a rental-" Sam pulled me off to the side while my dad finished picking up our vehicle.

"Where are we staying?" I asked

"If I tell you, do I get a reward?" she smiled

"That depends, do we get our own room?"

"Duh"

"Then yes, now tell me where we're staying" I groaned, tilting my head back.

"We're staying somewhere with a lot of animals." I didn't know what to think, on one hand I loved animals, and on the other, we are in Florida, which is known for crocodiles.

"Uhh, umm, what. kind of animals?" I said wryly

"Giraffes, elephants-"

"Wait wait wait, that sign says Florida,  but your words say Africa."

"You'll find out soon!" We drove down a long road and saw a ton of huge buildings, I swear we passed a McDonald's with 3 floors. Sam and I were sitting in the back staring out the window in awe. I had not been to Florida since I was 8 and barely remembered any of this. But I do remember this road, the road which led us into the greatest place on earth, Disney World. I started screeching like a little girl when I realized we were almost there.

"Woah, somebody is excited!" Mom turned in the passenger seat and smiled at me. The arch ahead welcomed us in. 

"Oh, My, God!" I yelled as we pulled up to a hotel that had a sign up front that read "Animal Kingdom Lodge." While I didn't see any animals just yet, I kept my hopes to see some up because I was to excited about being in Disney World to care about animals of any sort. We went inside the hotel and it felt like we had just went from Florida to Africa. The hotel was beautiful and everything I had ever dreamed of.