o9

Iamelijahj

To my family and friends,What if I were gay?Think of everything you've ever said against gay and other LGBT+ people

What if I were gay?
Think of everything you've ever said against gay and other LGBT+ people.
Now apply that to me.
Apply it to your sons and daughters,
your nieces and nephews,
your cousins and friends.
Do you feel the same?
Because we are.
Who we are as a person doesn't change just because you learned our sexuality.
Your thoughts of us shouldn't change.
Your value of us shouldn't change.
Just your knowledge of us should.
I am pansexual. This means that gender does not affect whether I am attracted to someone. I am not attracted to Chris Brown because he is a male, and I am not attracted to Rihanna because she is a female. It is because they are people I happen to find attractive (Simple enough right?) Looking back on my middle school years , it is clear for me to see that I wasn't all the way straight. But I was conditioned to think that anything else but straight was wrong. I have been lying to myself my whole life. A year and a half ago I began questioning my sexuality. A month or so ago I learned I was pansexual. Ever since then, I have been terrified of coming out to my family and friends I know them. I know about their homophobia. I know how they would react. But I'm tired of being oppressed. I'm tired of my fears of their reactions getting in the way of my happiness and freedom.
I am the same person I have always been. Nothing about me has changed. I was enlightened and learned the truth about myself. And now, so have you. I know this is probably hard for some of you to understand, but I have braced myself for cold shoulders. If this is not something you can fully accept, I'm also prepared to cut people out of my life. "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb." I've been living a lie for too long to keep surrounding myself with negative people. Promised myself I would stop running eventually and come out, and this is me following through.
If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them, if you're truly trying to educate yourself.
I love you all.
God Bless,