14

Omniscient

This chapter is what lead to the prologue and the aftermath

>>*<<

Elijah felt hopeless, despondent, desperate. It was the worst emotional pain He had been through in his life, by far. Three days in a row Elijah tried to contact Mike, He was stressed it was starting to effect the way he walked, the way he talked. He now knew what people meant when the said the end of a friendship was worse than the end of any relationship you'd ever find. And ending a relationship added the hurt onto that.

Elijah found himself drowned in loneliness and his mood invidious. He avoided Jacob and as much as the boy made him happy he didn't want to see him. He'd hurt Elijah's feelings and Elijah couldn't express it without being hurtful with his words.

Mike had shot him a text asking him to bring him back his hoodie he'd borrowed to the locked 3rd floor bathroom because he needed it for his party outfit .

Elijah thought

My class is in the opposite direction but if I don't take this opportunity shit will never change.

He dragged up the 8 flights of stairs stairs hoodie in arms. He looked around for security before sliding his ID through the door. Hearing a clock before the door creaked open. He stood in the mirror looking over his appearance, practicing what he would say.

"Mike, I'm sorry" He said.

"Listen bro I apologize"

He crossed his arms and spread his feet apart.

"Yo you got me bent like forreal"  He said stern look on his face.

He decided on the third one for his masculinity's sake

but when he heard the click of the doors lock....

He Froze.

He wanted to smile, he wanted to give him a hug and tell him that he's over being childish and petty towards each other. He gave a fake smile but his eyes told all. He was hurt

Mike noticed.

Mike kept his composure even though deep down he wanted to embrace Elijah and tell him he was sorry and say he didn't care about their newfound differences.

"Mike, I got the hoodie" he said staring at Mike who was leaning against the wall.

"Yeah, thanks a lot. I appreciate it I know your class is in the opposite direction" Mike said.

"That's what friends do Michael" Elijah mumbled looking down.
"Good friends" He added.

"Uh yeah, I know" Mike said.

Elijah looked down at at his 11s twiddling his fingers.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't Elijah.

Fuck, he was crying.

He quickly wiped his face making it look as he was adjusting his glasses. And Mike looked everywhere but at him.

Mike's heart was feeling something.

So without thinking he rushed Elijah. Pulling the slightly shorter boy into his arms. As he mumbled that he was sorry.

He shook his head as if he was possessed and stepped back pushing Elijah off him.

"We need to talk" Mike said coldly.

"So what do you wanna talk about?"

"You need to stop Elijah ! "

"Um stop what ? You're confusing me"  Elijah spoke kind of shook staring intently. 

What's going on ? He never acts like this Elijah thought.

"What do you even wanna call this situation?"

"What situation ?" Elijah Rolled his eyes .

"This situation!" Mike yelled.

"There is no situation" Elijah said.

"There is a situation !" He pushed Elijah onto the hard bathroom floor and continued.

"Let's be honest!, you know t-the the way you look at me , I'm not ...I'm not ..I'm not dreaming this I'm not you know making this up in my head. You know what I mean ?" 

He said pacing back in forth in front of Elijah leaving him lost for words. he took his time looking up because he heard the evident anger in his voice

"What Michael ? What are you talking about? You got the wrong idea" 

"Look Elijah, I'm only saying this once"  He spat looking his directly in his eyes with nothing but hate .." Hear me clearly and understand this I'm not a FAGGOT"  He flipped his hat and sighed

"So just , just Stay The Fuck Away From Me."

And with that he who is supposed to be his best friend and the person to comfort him , left him alone in the third floor abandoned bathroom. THEIR bathroom they found in ninth grade because they hated eating lunch with the unoriginal wastes of space as they called them. Elijah was just there in silence and once He heard the door slam that first tear broke free and the rest followed in an unbroken stream , bent forward on the floor left picking his heart and face off the mat.

"Nah fuck that"

He pulled himself of the floor and headed out the door, seeing Michael in the distance.

"Michael!!!" He yelled.

No reply.

"Mikeeee" He screamed sprinting down the hall.

Mike just shook his head and put his Beats Headphones on his head.Elijah grabbed by his collar his shirt swinging the chocolate boy into a nearby locker. Tears still running down his face.

"You can't fucking do this to me" Elijah whispered.

"You hear me ?! You fucking can't !" Elijah yelled.

Michael had nothing to say.

Elijah slammed him into the locker once again.

"I've been nothing but good to you, you said you'd always be there for me when I need you. I'm stressed the fuck out, my car has faggot keyed on the trunk door, my heart is broken ! I'm fucking drowning but everybody around me can obviously see me breathing. I need you the most. You don't get it?"

Elijah let the boy go, slowly feeling himself. Break down as he was pulled into another hug.

"I gotta go Elijah "

Mike finally spoke but it sounded like a mumble. He kissed Elijah's forehead and rubbed circles into his back.

"Tell Shaniece happy birthday for me okay?" Mike spoke again pulling away from Elijah and disappearing down the hall once again.