15

Omniscient

Elijah had been waiting for Shaniece to get out of work at 9:00 it was now 1:00 AM and he was disappointed , Her 20th birthday was tomorrow and He wanted to spend time with her, take her to the Cheesecake Factory since it was her favorite place.

She constantly craved cheesecake through her pregnancy. He hadn't received a text nor call from his usually prompt sister.

As he sat at the kitchen island, eating cinnamon toast crunch watching Family Guy on the Fox channel a news broadcast interrupted.

Female Employees shot to death during botched robbery at a Diner

"A Female employee died after being shot during an apparent robbery at a local diner we have Jessica Dunham on the scene"

"This is Jessica Dunham on the scene on the homicide where a masked gunman shot and killed a Female worker during what was believed to be a botched robbery late this Friday afternoon" The news reporter spoke.

"The deadly shooting took place about 9:30 p.m. at 'Shay's Diner'."

Elijah dropped his spoon, if the tv didn't have his attention it definitely had it now.

"Witnesses, the other employees say an armed, masked male entered the business and immediately jumped over the front service counter, where the victim was standing, in an apparent armed robbery attempt, when asked to open register the victim told the man she couldn't open it without the managers fingerprint he ended the young adults life with a single shot to her temple"

      Elijah seen them roll the gurney out of the restaurant. Sheet covering the body.

He paused the tv when he noticed their wrist dangling off of the side.

It was the bracelet. Heart locket, followed by a music note, followed by S, followed by J followed by footprints for her babygirl.

And he no longer needed confirmation.