need

~look at this BEAUTIFUL art made by xutopie on tumblr (@_kyohei) anyway yes appreciate it im so in love its beautiful i love when my writing inspires you guys to make art ahh its the best feeling. thank you!!~

Dan POV

-

Somehow, I felt calm and happy.

It was all thanks to Phil. He was this strange phenomenon that hopped right into my life when I hadn't been expecting it, and the spiral of events between us had been even more insane. My constant question was how? How had I managed to find him, out of all the angels and demons? How had we fallen in love, of all things, when we used to hate each other? How was I able to love him; how was I able to feel good things when I wasn't good?

The questions rolled and bounced and smacked around in my head, bothering me incessantly; that was, until I saw him again. Until he held me close and made me smile and laugh and do everything I had never even imagined. That was when I forgot everything. Those were the best moments.

It had been a little scary, to realize just how much I trusted him. When he'd taken me into his arms and flown into the clouds, wind biting at the both of us; but no matter how cold or tired he got, somehow, I knew that he would never let go of me. I felt safe in his hold, warm and content when he wrapped his wings around me, as if protecting me. I never would have admitted that I needed protection and comfort in the past, but I could see it now. Despite my strength and my fire, I became vulnerable when I was with Phil, and I didn't mind it.

During the two days I hadn't seen him, nothing had occurred. My job had simply become more rotational, filled now with more files and meetings than before. It had hurt to not see him, but it made reuniting more intense. It was almost a little pathetic, how much I seemed to need him these days. But no matter how much it seemed like I craved our embraces and his voice, Phil either didn't notice, or he felt the same. I hoped for the latter.

Because of my quota dropping due to my new, separate responsibilities, it was easier for me to do less work and not allow Tyler to be suspicious. He made my Earth work less, so me doing less of it wasn't a problem anymore. It was now much easier to see Phil when I did go to Earth, since my job was able to be finished in only an hour or so.

I couldn't help but wonder how much longer this would go on. How much longer we would continue to sneak around without anyone knowing, how much longer we would be able to handle the relationship until someone craved more. I wondered if anything else would change, or if we had reached a standstill.

But, as I'd said, I trusted Phil. I trusted that any problem that came our way would be enough for him to handle if it wasn't for me. I trusted that he would do anything in his power to keep me safe.

Today, it was another lucky day, as most of my time was to be spent on Earth. Despite the longer hours, my quota hadn't risen at all, so I assumed I would be spending more than half of the day with Phil, which was a luxury.

I avoided all other demons that morning, attempting to get myself organized and then down to Earth without having to deal with anyone. I left a scowl on my face; the scowl that was always there unless I was around a certain angel. Because I'd grown in power over the last few months, there were often instances where demons lesser than me would ask me questions. I tried to channel all of my angry energy, however, so no one came near me.

The transportation spell brought me to the farmhouse, and I was disappointed when I saw that my surroundings were empty, filled with nothing but trees and the slight sunshine that streamed between where the leaves blew in the wind. Autumn was beginning on Earth, so the leaves were beginning to look orange, the warm color seeping into their usual green slowly. I found it interesting, how time passed on Earth, constant changes and growth. It was so different from Hell, where nearly everything remained the same. When you died as a human, everything continued to grow and evolve without you; everyone moved on like your existence had never meant anything to them.