Identity

It was nearly midnight and the others were all asleep. I snuck out to meet with Red X. I looked at the paper again and made sure I was at the right place.

After a while, it was 12:05. I sighed and stood up, dusting off my clothes. "If he didn't show.. Well thats that.." I muttered and was about to leave when a hand grabbed me by my wrist. I turned and saw it was Red X. "You're late, X" I said to him.

"You gave me nickname sweetie?" He said letting go of me.

"Don't flatter yourself. Now, who are you?" I asked him.

"First, why do you want to know?" He asked me.

"No one should hide behind a mask their whole life. Also, if I see you out of costume, I'm gonna bother you." I said smiling. "And you owe me for letting you out of your cage that time." I said to him.

"Okay, my name is Jason. I won't tell you my last name though. I need to have some mystery to myself." He said and reached for his mask. He then pulled off the mask and ruffled his hair.

"Well, Jason. It's nice to meet you." I said and held my hand out and he shook it.

"Like wise." He said and smiled.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "If I want to meet with you and talk, how can I call you?" I ask him holding his mask.

"Here." He gave me something that looked like a phone.

"And this?" I said looking at him.

"A gift. Welcome to Earth kind of gift. It's why I was late and if you want to call me click this and then this." He said and showed me how to use the new device.

"And if I don't want to call you?" I asked him.

"Text. Click this then this, then type what you want me to say." He said and held out his own phone.

"And your number is the only one in here?" I asked him.

"Yep. So feel free to call me anytime." He smirked and held his hand out towards the mask in my hand. I pushed away his hand and put his mask back on him myself.

"It was nice meeting you Jason. Hope to see more of you in the future." I said and waved bye before flying back to the tower.

~at the tower~

When I entered the tower and my eyes adjusted to the light, I felt someone starring at me. I turned around and saw it was Robin.

"Where were you?" He asked me and walked towards me.

".. Out." I said avoiding his eyes.

"Out where?" He said and stood in front of me.

"In town." I said and played with my hair.

"Alone?" He asked me.

"No... I was with someone.." I muttered and pouted.

"Who is this someone?" He asked me.

"A guy.." I said and he was silent.

I looked up to see him glaring at me, "what guy?" He pressed further.

"He's just a friend.." I muttered.

"... Just... Be careful.." He said and walked away, probably back to his own room.

I felt a buzz on my leg and opened it and say I had a text.

Jay:Goodnight beautiful ❤️

(Btw, Jay short for Jason)

I rolled my eyes and texted him back goodnight and put the phone away.