4

Bucky was definitely more attractive than he sounded.

You knew he meant the world to Steve and that made you nervous.

"Hello Sargent Barnes. It's a pleasure to meet you."

He smiled,"Just Bucky is fine. I can see why Steve here was so nervous to take you out." He paused and briefly glanced at Steve before looking at you again,"You sure are a looker doll."

Your face flushed.

Steve stiffened,"Watch it Buck." He warned.

Bucky put his hands up defensively,"Yes sir." He said with a light smirk. "It's nice to meet you miss."

"It's nice to meet you as well Bucky."

Bucky's date whispered something to him, he nodded and looked over at you.

"Another show is going to start soon. You guys coming?" He spoke.

Steve looked at you,"It's up to Eleanor. She's never been to a fair."

You blushed feeling foolishly inexperienced.

"I think I'd just like to look around for a little. Everything looks so interesting."

Bucky's date giggled rudely, "You act like it's such a big deal. It's just a stupid fair."

You looked away before Bucky said goodbye and headed off to watch the show.

"Maybe we should watch the show too. Maybe it is just a stupid fair." You mumbled the last sentence under your breath.

You looked up at Steven who shook his head at you,"She's probably been here four times this week with different guys. She's wrong. You'll love it. I know you will. Cmon." He sweetly reassured. "Let's take a walk."

You smiled and nodded before walking in a random direction.

The lights and sounds were fascinating and fun.

You were like a kid in a candy store.

Steve even played one of the games and won you a teddy bear.

You named it teddy, duh and Steve laughed at the oh so cliche name before pulling you in the direction of the Ferris wheel.

You stood there in awe looking at the large structure in front of you.

"Uh Steven. I'm kinda afraid of heights."

"Oh! Well we don't have to go on." He soothed.

"Come on." You heard the shrill voice of Bucky's date speak as she appeared next to you and Steve. "What are you too scared?" She taunted.

You balled your fists,"Not one bit."

She smiled and walked to join the line Bucky giving you an apologetic look before following her.

You took one step before you felt a hand stop you,"What are you doing?" Steven spoke.

"I'm going on the Ferris wheel." You said matter of factly.

"You just said you were afraid of heights."

"Yeah well it's not that high." You looked back at the large wheel clearly lying.

"You have nothing to prove."

Your eyes softened and he looked confused and sad.

"I can do this."

He shook his head,"You don't have to."

You took his hand and pulled him towards the ride and got on.

The ride soon begun and you were still holding Steve's hand, more tightly now.

You went around in circles your eyes tightly shut so you could never really see how high up you were.

A few minutes later the ride came to a stop and Steve led you off.

He gave you a smug look,"I gotta say, I'm proud of you."

You smiled wide,"Really?"

He nodded,"You wanted to prove her wrong and you did. I gotta give it to you."

Now you smugly smiled before you dragged Steve all around the fair.

Unfortunately time couldn't freeze and it got late so Steven of course walked you home.

"Thank you for taking me there. I had a great time."

He nodded,"I'm glad you did. I sure enjoyed watching you ogle at everything."

You laughed,"I did not ogle Steven."

He joined the laughter,"You did but it was adorable."

You blushed.

"Well I had a great night also." He said upon reaching your door.

You wished he didn't have to go.
You sighed.

"Don't be sad." He ducked down to get a better view of you sulking frame. "You won't get rid of me so easily." He paused and frowned,"Unless you want to."

You shook your head,"I don't want you to go."

"I don't want to go but I don't think your mother would appreciate me staying the night."

"She wouldn't."

It fell silent.

"I should go." Steve spoke.

You leaned in and kissed his cheek,"You make sure you make it home safe and don't get in any fights."

He gave a nod,"Yes ma'am." And turned away and began walking home.

That small man was going to be the death of you.