7

You and Steve headed back to your house.

Your mom was out at work so you two would be alone and it made you kinda nervous.

You and Steve haven't had much alone time.

You opened the door to your house and entered with Steve hot on your heels.

He took his coat off and you grabbed it hanging it up alongside yours.

"That's a uh..really pretty dress Eleanor."

You blushed and smiled,"Thank you Steven. You look really nice too."

"Thanks. So what do ya wanna do?"

You shrugged and slipped out of your heels.

"We could just sit and talk. Maybe watch a movie or play a game or something."

He smiled," sounds good."

Steven took a seat and looked over at you.

You didn't notice him staring until you looked his way.

You blushed.

"I didn't mean to make you nervous." He stood and walked over to you taking your hands in his. "I couldn't help but stare. You're just so beautiful."

You blushed again.

"Would you uh...like something to drink or eat?" You spoke avoiding his sweet compliments.

He smiled and nodded,"water please."

You nodded and walked off into the kitchen where you let out a breath.

You had to tell him.

He really liked you and you doubt anything bad could come of it.

It was the truth after all.

Not tonight.

Tonight you wanted to have a nice evening inside with Steve and you didn't want anything to ruin that.

You took a breath and headed back into the living room with a glass of water in your hand.

Steve smiled up at you and you handed him the water and took a seat beside him.

You fiddled with your dress silently.

"You okay Elle?"

You looked over and gave an deceiving nod. "I'm fine. Kinda nervous."

You tried to avert your thoughts and anxiety with a lie.

"About what?"

"Maybe you'll change your mind about us. Maybe you won't want to be with me."

He shook his head and put down his cup making sure to sit up alertly.

"Why wouldn't I?"

You shrugged,"I dunno. Just a thought."

His brows furrowed,"well it's not a very good thought. I'd wanna be with you no matter what. I'm crazy about you Elle. Can't you see? There's no one I'd rather run out of a restaurant with than you."

You laughed,"You really mean that?"

He nodded and smiled.

You leaned back into the couch sighing happily.

He leaned back beside you and you rested you head on his shoulder while you let the comforting silence take over.

Hours later you woke up still on the couch, head still leaned onto Stevens's shoulder.

You sat up and rubbed your tired eyes.

Steve was lightly snoring next to you. You smiled at him before deciding to gently shake him.

"Steeeven. Pssst."

His eyes slowly creaked open.

"Cmon. Let's go to bed. We can't sleep on the couch."

He sleepily got up and you stood and took his hand leading him to your room.

Once inside you locked the door behind you in case your mom tried to pop in randomly.

You ushered Steve to the bed and he seemed more alert.

"Wait. We can't share a bed." He spoke groggily.

"Why not?

"What if someone sees? We're not married."

You nearly rolled your eyes. "The door is locked. Besides we're just sleeping." 

He sighed and looked around.
His eyes rested on a small couch in the corner of the room."it's too tempting Elle. I'll sleep on the couch." He kissed your cheek and walked to the couch and laid down.

You mentally groaned and tossed him an extra blanket before climbing into the bed.

"Goodnight Steven."
"Goodnight Elle."

In the morning you rolled over to see the couch empty and the blanket you had given Steve folded neatly and placed over the arm of the chair.

You sighed and sat up.

You had a good time last night and you already missed Steve.

You turned to climb out of bed when you noticed a note on the nightstand.

Elle,
Sorry I had to go, I'm sure Bucky was worried that I was beat up in a ditch somewhere. I'd love to hangout again, maybe Sunday if  you're free. Hopefully I'll see you then. I had a great time last night. Thank you.

Steven

You smiled at his signature. He wasn't too fond of being called Steven, but he loved when you did it.