Chapter 2

When I got to first period I was thankful that the bell hadn't rang yet so I was the only one there. I took a seat in the back and got out my pencil and notebook.

“You must be the new girl, Marie right?”

I looked up to see a short curly blond and blue eyed girl.

“Yeah that’s me what's your name?” I asked.

“I'm Rosey.” She responded holding her hand out.

“It’s nice to meet you.” I responded.

“You too. So how are you liking it here?” She asked.

“It’s good, although some of these guys have serious attitude problems.” I told her.

“Try living with one of the worst ones. My brother Phoenix is aggravating to no end.” She responded.

“Okay class get started working on your papers from Friday and someone tell the new girl what we are doing.” Our English teacher said without lifting his face from his paper.

“Are all the teachers so...laid back?” I asked.

“Basically, since most of us here are daughters and sons of CEOs of major companies we have our jobs set up already. With that being the case most teachers don't really care that much.” Rosey told me.

“Ah..”

After English class Rosey walked me to my calculus class and told me that she would meet me after to go to P.E with me.

I walked in and sat down in the back again. Math class wasn't exactly my favorite class, but I seemed to be good at it.

“What are you doing in a senior class?” I heard a familiar voice ask.

I looked up and saw the jerk guy from earlier taking the seat next to mine.

“How do you know I'm not a senior?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Cuz word gets around, I know the new girl is junior.” He stated.

I just rolled my eyes and tried to focus on the front of the class. Unfortunately the math teacher wasn't too motivated to move from his computer and start the class.

“Your name is Marie right?” He asked me.

I just ignored him and focused on something else. I don't know why he was so interested anyway.

“Hey I don't like being ignored!” He hissed.

“Well aren't you just a spoiled little brat?” I concluded.

Seriously, this man-child. ‘I don't like being ignored’. God he is so full of himself!

All of the sudden I was being pulled out of my chair and dragged out of the classroom. I looked back expecting the teacher to protest, but he was just staring at his computer screen as if nothing was happening.

“Get off of me.” I protested trying to free my wrist from his hand.

When he wouldn’t let go, I did the same thing he did to me this morning. I flipped him over and onto his back.

“Would you not do that, Cupcake?” He moaned.

“Cupcake, really? We escalated to pet names?” I said annoyed.

“Well you haven’t confirmed your name, so yeah.” He responded getting up.

“Fine if it means you’ll stop calling me Cupcake, my name’s Marie.” I told him.

“Good to know Cupcake.” He smirked.

I just rolled my eyes and turned back towards the classroom.

“Hey does it look like I was done talking to you?”

“Does it look like I care?” I asked turning back to the classroom.

I was then tackled to the ground. Luckily I turned so I didn’t face plant. The guy jumped on me and pinned me down.

“You need to learn to do what you’re told.”

“And you need to learn to not be so controlling.” I don’t him mocking his tone and flipping him over and pinning him.

“I always get what I want.” He said emphasizing ‘always’.

“Not this time.” I stated, punching him in the left cheek just when he was about to flip me over.

“You bitch!” He yelled pushing me over and onto the ground.

He then punched me in the face. Things went back and forth for a while until an adult came to break us up.

By the end of the fight I had a busted lip and he had a busted cheek and a swollen eye that hasn’t started bruising yet.

“You too need to be punished for your actions! Mr. Anderson you may be the son of a big businessman, but that doesn't mean you get to brake the rules. Ms. Dason you just started here, your mother won’t be too happy hearing about this. I will make you both a deal. If you can get along during school and the week’s detention, then I won’t tell your parents. Deal?” The guy who broke us up said.

“Yes.” I nodded defeatedly.

“Thanks Principal Alexander.”

This guy was the principal. That’s not good. I didn’t want to be on the principals bad side.

“Good now go back to class.” The principal instructed.

With that we walked out and went back to class. Once we entered the class I had just enough time to cover my lip with some makeup before the bell rang.