Chapter 14

Phoenix's P.O.V

"Phoenix where are we going?" Rosey asked.

Rosey has been asking me that question for a long time. We have left Tennessee and are now in Mississippi. I decided to drive through Mississippi and into Louisiana. I figured I can find a beach house there that we can stay at.

"Just a little longer we are driving to Louisiana." I shrugged.

"Louisiana?! Have you told Mom and Dad they will be home tomorrow!"

*Ring *Ring

"Well speak of the devil." Rosey said answering her phone. "Hi Mom."

I stayed quiet as I tried to listen to what my mom had to say, but Rosey kept her phone volume lower so I couldn't ease drop on her 'personal' conversations.

"Okay well I will see you guys then, I love you....bye" Rosey said ending the call.

"What was that about?" I asked glancing over at her.

"Mom and Dad just told me they have to stay another week. Business as usually." My sister smiled, but it didn't  reach her eyes.

My parents have been gone a lot and it really hurts my sister. I mean it bothers me a little, but I put a tough face on and act all 'I don't give a shit'.

My sister and I we try to be there for each other, but it was hard when I acted like such a bad ass. We drifted a part a little. But now there's Marie and I don't know what it is about her, but she just makes me want to be better.

"I'm sorry. I know it's hard for you when they aren't around." I glanced at her.

"It's okay. Plus don't act like you don't feel sad either. I know you Phoenix even though we have drifted apart over the years, but I can see how it effects you."

We glanced at each other for a moment both sharing the hurt we felt through our eyes. I never wanted to be like my parents. I would never put my kids through this. This not having a parent around for weeks at a time.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know it's my fault that we drifted apart. I became distant, I was hurt. I wanted them around more than they were." I explained.

It felt nice to let that out. I haven't really spoke my feels out loud and now that I have, it feels like this huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

"It's okay Phoenix, everyone has there own ways of dealing with hurt." She smiled.

"Rosey, I promise that from now on I will be there for you. I'm sorry I wasn't in the past."

"Marie has really done a number on you, huh?" Rosey smirked.

"I guess so."

I never really gave a deep amount of thought to my feelings for Marie. I mean I think about her all the time, but...I don't know. She just makes me smile and laugh.

"So when are you going to ask her out?" Rosey grinned wiggling her eye brows.

"I don't know" I laughed.

I have to make sure she is okay before I even think about asking her out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Marie's P.O.V

We arrived to what appears to be a abandoned house after about an hour or so of driving. And let me tell you this there is not civilization for 30 miles.

Escaping this place was going to be harder than I thought.

"Well Marie welcome to your new home... For now." John smiled opening my door.

"You know you won't be able to keep me here for long." I grinned.

"Marie your underestimating how much I want to find your father. See your mom is going to be an easy one to keep confined, but you...well I needed someone special to keep an eye on you." He smirked evilly.

My eyes wided in horror.

"You don't mean?!"

"That's right Princess, I'm going to be watching you."

Ah crap. Well my challenge to escape just keeps getting harder and harder.

"Not expecting that huh? Did I put a damper in your plan? Good." He said pulling me out of the car.

If he wanted to be the one to keep an eye on me fine, but I wasn't going to make it easy on him.

I went boneless on him the second we went out of the car.

"Marie...Stop...Being...Such...A...Child."
He said struggling to keep us both standing.

"In case you haven't noticed I am a child." I laughed.

"Okay enough." He stated moving so I fell to the ground on my butt.

"Ouch!"

"Look if you are going to keep making this difficult for me and doing childish things like this, well then I will make life a living hell for you. And if that's not enough then your mom's life too."

He had me there DAMN. Now I'm forced to behave until I create a plan. This sucks.

"Fine." I hissed.

"Good girl." He said pulling me up.

Okay this guy needs to be taken out. He's just getting on my nerves. Family friend or not, I don't care.

Get ready John because it's Game On!