Chapter 4

“What are you two going to do?” Phoenix asked as we got downstairs.

“I don’t know.” Rosey shrugged.

“How about a little game of nerf war?” Phoenix smirked.

“You’re on!” She yelled running downstairs.

“Rosey! Wait, what are we doing?” I yelled running after her.

I found her downstairs in a walk in storage/closet room. When she said this was the game and movie floor, she meant it. Downstairs to the right is the movie room with three couches and a big 60in T.V. In front of the stairs is a big pool table and dartboard. Then turning to the left there was a mat with sumo wrestler suits and then a closet where I found Rosey.

“What exactly are we doing?” I asked.

“We are playing nerf war. Basically we have these toy guns and foam bullets and we go around shooting each other.” She explained handing me a yellow plastic pistol and some orange foam bullets.

“Are there any rules?” I asked studying the gun.

“Yes.” I turned and jumped seeing Phoenix right behind me.

“If you get shot you count to 3 then you are back in. You have 3 lives, last person standing wins.” He smirked.

“Yup, you think you’re game?” Rosey smirked.

“If you’re ready to lose.” I laughed.

“Wow cocky much?” She laughed back.

We all got in our positions to start. Each of us started on a different floor. Rosey was downstairs, I was on the middle floor and Phoenix was on the top floor.

“Okay on 3! 1...2….3!” Phoenix yelled starting the game.

The middle floor clearly had the advantage. I had access to both other players. It did also give both of them access to me.

Normally I would just take them both out, but I decided to let them do the killing and finding. I hid behind one of the couches and patiently waited for the right time to make my presence known.

“AHH!” I heard Rosey yell.

“Gotcha.” I could just imagine the smirk on Phoenix’s face right now.

“1...2...3!” Rosey counted.

Things went back and forth between the two siblings for a while. I was thankful they haven’t remembered I was still playing. I listened carefully as Phoenix got 3 shots on Rosey. Rosey’s gun went off a lot, but from what I gathered her aim sucked. She only hit him once and must have shot at least 10 times at him.

I haven’t shot with guns like these before, but I had no doubt I would be able to adjust. It’s just how long it will take me to adjust.

“Marie come out, come out, wherever you are.” Phoenix sang.

I listened as his feet got closer to the couch and quickly jumped from behind the couch pulling the trigger.

“Missed me.” He smirked pulling the trigger and hitting me in the stomach.

“1....2…...3!” I yelled running away and reloading.

I quickly turned and shot Phoenix before he had the chance to shoot me.

“Nice shot.” He nodded approvingly.

I quickly ran and reloaded while he counted. I hid in the kitchen behind the island ready to move when necessary. I listened carefully for his heavy footsteps, jumped up, and BAM! I shot him right in the chest.

“BOOM! That’s game! I win!” I shouted doing a victory dance.

“Marie, that was awesome! No one can ever beat him” Rosey praised.

“She just got lucky.” Phoenix huffed.

“Uh hu. Or you just never played against anyone good.” I stated.

“Hey!” Rosey yelled offendly and punched me jokingly in the arm.

*Ding *Dong

“Pizza’s here.” Phoenix announced running to the door.