Chapter 5

“I don’t think I have ever seen a girl eat that much.” Phoenix stated.

Rosey ate one piece of pizza and I ate 6. With how much I work out, I can just about eat my weight.

“Seriously girl.” Rosey agreed.

“I work out a lot, I need the food.” I shrugged.

“Really?” Phoenix smirked almost challengingly.

“Yes really.”

“Prove it.”

I’m confused haven’t I already?

“Hey it’s 6 o’clock I got to go call my mom. You cool here?” Rosey asked glancing at her watch.

“Yeah I’m good.” I told her.

Once she walked out of the room I went right to proving my point.

“I don’t have to prove it, I already have. See that bruise right under your eye?” I pointed out.

“You got a few lucky shots, that’s all.” he defended.

“Uh hu.”

“Fine, let’s rematch, first one to pin the other for 3 seconds wins.” He purposed.

“Fine.”

I never back down from a challenge. Plus I knew I was going to win.

I let Phoenix lead me downstairs and onto the blue mat.

“Okay you ready?” He asked.

“Uh…” I then realized I wasn’t exactly in the appropriate attire.   

“Nope, I got to go change. Be right back.” I said running up stairs.

I quickly changed into some shorts and a sports bra before running back downstairs

“ Oh My God. You have a 6 pack!” He observed with his jaw on the ground.

“And so do you.” I replied realizing he took his shirt off.

He was quite muscular. His biceps alone would have any girl drooling. He had an 8 pack, which is a little better, but it’s easier for guys to get abs.

“Take a picture it will last longer.” Phoenix smirked.

It’s so frustrating that he knows he is hot. It’s even more frustrating that he caught me checking him out.

“Are you ready or what?”

“Sure on 3... 1...2….3!”

Once Phoenix was done counting he lunged at me. I laughed to myself because it's exactly what I predicted. I quickly stepped a foot to the right and watched as he fell over.

“Is that all you got?” I smirked.

“Not even close Cupcake.” I roll my eyes as he said my nickname.

I let my guard down for one second and I was down. Phoenix quickly pinned me and put all his weight down.

“Com’on Cupcake.” He taughted.

I tried to get Phoenix off of me, but everything I tried failed. No matter what I pulled, it didn't work. What was I doing wrong?

“I think I won Cupcake.” He stated.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever.”

He smirked as he helped me up.

“ Marie?! Phoenix?! Where are you?”

“Downstairs!” I shouted to Rosey.

What was it about Phoenix? He is the only one who could beat me and the only one I let my guard down in front of.

“Hey guys, you want to have a sumo wrestling tournament?” Rosey suggested.

“Sure it will be another think I can beat you two at.”

“Oh really?” Phoenix smirked

“Yes really.”

“Okay enough smack talk. Let's play!” Rosey smiled.

Rosey and I got into the huge massive suits. Let's just say I was a little uncoordinated in this thing.

“Okay, GO!” Phoenix yelled.

I stepped toward Rosey, but lost my footing and fell. Rosey immediately jumped on me ending the game.

“ Okay Phoenix your turn.” Rosey stated getting up.

Once I got up I realized how hard Phoenix was laughing. He was on the ground crying.

“You... Just... Well... Over.... Was... So... Funny!” He laughed.

“Yeah, yeah, hilarious. Now are you playing or no?”

Phoenix eventually stop coughing and got his suit.

“You sure you can take this?” Phoenix smirked gesturing to himself.

“Easy.”

“Alright go!” Rosey yelled.

I managed to keep my footing this time, but walking in these things is hard.

“Com’on cupcake let's see you take this.” He taunted.

I managed to ignore the nickname and keep my head in the game.

“Ahh!” I heard Rosey scream.

“What?” I asked, my dad’s CIA training kicking in.

Man was that a mistake, the second I turned I was tackled.

“Gotcha.” Phoenix smirked.

“What were you yelling about?” I asked was you cranky I lost.

“Sorry I'm I saw a spider, but don't worry I killed it.” Rosie stated probably.

I roll my eyes, a spider?! That's it?! I was ready to kick someone's ass.

“Okay Rosey, you ready?” Phoenix asked.

“Ready to wipe the floor with you.” She grinned.

“Okay GO!” I shouted.

Phoenix and Rosey circled around each other for a while before I decided to intervene. Now who do I want to lose Phoenix or Rosie? Who am I kidding, it's not even a question.

“ a phoenix, I think you should tell your sister to be your ass today!” I smirked.

And just as planned, Phoenix got distracted and Rosey jumped on him.

“I win!” Rosey sang.

“Hey! No fair I was distracted!” Phoenix whined.