Chapter 1 Hogwarts Express

"Last year at Hogwarts, Ginny. I'm ready for a chaos free year." She said as she walked to an empty compartment on the Hogwarts Express.

"That will be a first. However I do congratulate you on getting Head Girl, even though you deserved the job many years ago." Ginny sat down across from Hermione, who was watching who else approached through the wall. She froze when she saw Draco Malfoy walking up to the train. "I don't think I've ever seen that boy without a black suit on. Im also hoping he doesn't on my nerves too often this year."

"Almost everyone gets on your nerves." Hermione said boldly.

"That accusation is very accurate." Ginny and Hermione waited for Harry and Ron to show up. They were offered jobs as Aurors at the Ministry since they fought in the war, but turned it down to finish their last year of Hogwarts.

"Thank you for saving us some seats." Ron said sitting down next to Hermione.

"We didn't save you seats, our other friends just didn't show up."

"What friends?" Ginny glared at Ron for his statement.

"Luna, Neville, Seamus, Dean..."

  "That's a shame you didn't say my name, Granger. I thought we had a great friendly bonding relationship over the last 7 years."

  "Malfoy, all you will ever be is a narcissistic self absorbing git. We've gone the last 7 years with hating each other, so I think we can go just one with ignoring each other and making life easier this year." Hermione slammed the door closed before he could say anything else.

"Way to stand up to him Hermione." Ginny said which made her blush. As she looked out the window she saw that it was exactly 11 o'clock. The train was leaving the station. She didn't want to make things more awkward then they already were, so she simply grabbed a book out of her backpack and started reading. She started to get so lost in the book that she didn't hear another word from the conversations.

"HERMIONE!" The three of them shouted quickly. This immediately got her attention.

  "What?" She said as she placed the book next to her.

  "Professor Mcgonagal has been trying to talk to you for the past two minutes." Hermione looked over at the door to see the Headmistress. "Sorry professor, once she gets lost in a book it's quite hard to bring her back."

  "It's alright, Miss Weasley. Now, Miss Granger, I was wanting to discuss Head Girl duties with you. If you will follow me to my compartment we can start our discussion." Hermione immediately placed her book back in her bag before following Mcgonagal to the separate compartment. "The head boy will be here shortly. You will be working with him for most of the school year." When Hermione heard the door open she got excited to see who it was, but frowned when Malfoy walked in.

  "Malfoy, we just went over this. We'll stay out of each other's lives and not give each other trouble. Now if you will excuse me... Professor Mcgonagal and I are discussing important things. Things that you wouldn't understand." Draco looked at the back of her head as she turned around. This was new, where was the bossy girl from first year? Now, she was sassy as well. I guess the war really did change a lot of people.

  "Miss Granger, this is who you'll be working with." Hermione looked at Draco with wide eyes as she saw his familiar smirk. "Now if you'll excuse me for a moment, I need to have a word with perfects." Hermione stepped out of the way so that McGonagall could get through. Once she was out of her ear range she started her rant.