Chapter 14 A Day Out

(A/N: YouTube video is not mine, but was amazingly put together. Enjoy.)

Hermione paced back and forth with a potions book in one hand and a Muggle Studies book in the other. She walked back and forth between two tables. One set her Charms book and the other set her Transfiguration textbook. The minute Draco walked in he watched as his girlfriend studied her brains out. She muttered questions to herself and answered them. "What is the spell used to produce a patronus charm? Expecto Patronum."

"Hermione, sweetheart. You're gonna fry your brain. Let's just forget all the textbooks and go enjoy some fresh air." He tried to take the books out of her hand, but she held a tight grip on them.

"Draco! We have N.E.W.T.S. at the end of the year. Then we graduate! There's no second chance at this! I want a happy life with a good job in the future!" She continued to pace back and forth between the two books. "I have transfiguration to study, and potions, and charms, and muggle studies, and that's all before lunch. Then I have Defense Against the Dark Arts, and History of Magic and Ancient Ruins."

"Expelliarmus." Draco took her wand and placed it in his robe pocket. He pointed his wand at the room and placed every book back on the self.

"Hey! Give me back my wand!" She walked closer to Draco who simply stood his ground.

"Not until you take a break from all of this and join me for an amazing afternoon. You can worry about grades tomorrow." She watched as he walked out the door and followed slowly behind. As she closed the door she turned the lock and headed back to the bookshelf. "Alohomora." He stood at the door with an unimpressed glare. "Did you really just try to lock me out?"

"Maybe." She said as she opened her Charms book.

"Nice try sweetheart." Draco walked over to her and threw her over his shoulder.

"Malfoy! Put me down!" She pounded her first against his back, and he simply laughed at her.

A blue broomstick floated above the ground in front of her. "Thanks for the present by the way. I can't believe you got me the best broom out there." The two of them hopped on the broom and she held on for dear life as they flew around the Hogwarts grounds. "Blimey Hermione. I thought you were Gryffindor. Where's your bravery?" He asked as he felt her tight grip on him.

"The only time I had to ride a broom was in my first year and in the Room of Requirement during he war. There's a reason I don't play Quidditch!" Draco remembered when they went into the room of requirement during the war. That fire incident would never have happened if he only had the bravery to pick the better side of the war. He pushed that thought aside as his eyes fell upon something on the ground.

Hermione saw the picnic blanket that had a perfect view of the Quidditch pitch, and the sunrise behind it. "I haven't seen a sunrise this beautiful since that morning in the Astronomy Tower."

After they ate their meal from the picnic basket they watched the sun slowly reach higher and higher in the sky. Draco's arm was around Hermione with his hand resting on her stomach . Suddenly she felt a few rain drops fall on her face. "Do you think we should go back to the castle?" Hermione said getting up in which Draco quickly followed. He placed his hand out for her to take.

"May I have this dance, my lady?" She placed her hand in his and the other on his shoulder while he placed his other on her waist. She never thought dancing in the rain would be so much fun. All her focus was on the amazing person in front of her. She didn't worry about her assignments or her essays or her upcoming N.E.W.T.S. She focused on the amazing time she was having right now. "I never had the chance to give you your Christmas person." He pulled a wrapped box out of his pocket and handed it to her. Underneath the wrapping was a rectangular velvet box. The minute she opened the box her eyes lit up. A necklace sat in the box with a heart pendent. The rim of the heart had emeralds and rubies being every other gem. She turned it over and saw something carved on the back. 'Always ~D.M.'