Chapter 2 Mudblood Mistake

Hermione heard her alarm go off. 'The first day of classes", she thought to herself. When she removed the blanket she realized she was no longer on the couch surrounded by millions of books, but in her own bed. 'I must have came in here in the middle of the night when I was half asleep and didn't even realize'. Pushing those thoughts aside, she grabbed her robes that were folded nicely on top of her trunk, along with a badge on top that stated: Head Girl.

  "Someone's finally awake. I was just coming to see if you had died." She jumped as she was buttoning the last button of her collared shirt. She turned around to see an awake Draco. "You missed breakfast so I grabbed you a waffle and a muffin. I'm not quite sure what you like to eat for breakfast." He set the plate down on her trunk before leaning against the doorframe, and watching her grab all her stuff in stress.

  "What do you mean I've missed breakfast? It's only..." she looked down at her alarm clock and realized it had been going off for awhile as she slept through most of it.

  She had a confused look on her face, and she checked to see if she was steal dreaming. "Malfoy, helping a muggleborn? Ladies and gentlemen get out a calendar and mark the date cause it will never happen again."

  Draco raised an eyebrow at her statement. "Alright, so Weasalette saw that you weren't at breakfast and forced me to give you this", he said, pointing at the plate.

  "Well that makes more sense. Looks like I need to buy a new alarm clock, but for now, I need to get to History of Magic." He didn't say anything as he watched her shove every book that would fit into her bag and rush out the door.

  "Welcome to your first day back at Hogwarts. I know some of us had a troubling summer, but it's time to get back to your studies. Turn to page one of your History book. The first thing we will be studying is artifacts. Can anyone tell me what this is?" Hermione glanced at the hourglass, which he obviously got from Slughorn, and watched as it had sand running in different directions. Hermione's hand shot in the air before Binns could even finish his sentence.

  "Professor, that is a magical hourglass. The sand runs differently depending on how the conversation in the room is going." Draco watched Hermione's smile when she talked about the answers to the teachers questions.

  "Great description Miss Granger. Ten points to Gryffindor. Continue reading chapter one on your own. Your homework is to write an essay on one specific artifact due next Tuesday." Hermione read through the chapter with all her concentration as she looked at all the different artifacts. 'Time turner it is then' she said in her head. Everyone was just happy that there was actually something more interesting to do in Binns' class then read the book at one page per hour.

  Hermione ignored every little thing Draco was doing to get her attention as they walked through the corridor. When she wouldn't turn around he tried a different technique. He elbowed past people to get to her. "Looks like the book worm nerd has already gone into hibernation in her library. You know Granger, there should be a limit of how many books a person can read in one day." Draco said taking a book out of her hand. "What's this Granger? 'Beauty and the Beast'? Oh look Granger, there's a book about us. So, when are you gonna turn back into your human form?" In annoyance she grabbed her book out of his hand.

  "Looks like your accusation is somewhat correct Malfoy. Your father is mental too." She walked away with all her books in hand. Anger rushed through his body as he heard her sentence run through his head over and over again.

  "When will you two ever stop the bickering between you guys?" Luna walked up to Draco cautiously considering his body language.

  "She can be such a pain sometimes. Besides, she's the one who makes me angry."