Chapter 9 The Knight Bus

"Are you serious?" Draco said annoyed.

  "We have no other way of transportation. You're hurt so this is our last option." Hermione said walking toward the bus.

"Yes however, if I wanted to get bruises for going somewhere then I would've just gotten in a Ministry car with Weasel. I really don't want to be thrown around the whole ride."

"Ok ferret."

"Hey!"

"Welcome to the Knight Bus. A bus used to rescue witches and wizards when they are in need. Thank you for pointing you wand for help." Draco and Hermione walked onto the bus, and saw a few passengers sleeping in beds. She never understood how they could sleep on this thing. Hermione pulled out six knuts and paid for their ride. "Where to?"

"The Leaky Cauldron. London." Before the two even had a chance to grab onto something, the bus took off, immediately throwing them to the floor. "Blimey!" Hermione said getting up and dusting off her jeans.

"Ow." Draco said rubbing the back of his head. "Of all transportation, you just had to pick this one?" The head of the Knight Bus gave Draco a glare.

"You know this transportation is the second most popular choice in the wizard world."

"There's a reason why it's second" he said to Hermione, but the head of the Knight Bus heard it too.

"Oh would you stop your yappin' and enjoy the ride Mr. Malfoy?" Draco glared at the shrunken head as he said this.

"What is there to enjoy except... wait how did you..?"

  "The bleach blonde hair is kinda hard to miss, Malfoy", said Hermione.

"Almost anyone can spot a rich Millionaire when they see one. I hear your family's bank account is the second biggest one in all of Gringottes, after the Minister of course", said the shrunken head.

"The only thing that's rich is his ego." Hermione said, grabbing onto one of the poles for a better balance.

"I love how, no matter what, your sassy mouth never seems to shut up." This resulted in her rolling her eyes, then she noticed the newspaper. 'Death Eaters Attack Again' was the title of the Daily Prophet.

"Where are they attacking?" Hermione asked to the Head of the Knight Bus.

"Paper says they're heading for the Ministry." He took a step forward. "However others say they're in Hogsmeade." Hermione's face showed fear and worry.

"Why are they doing this?" Voldemort was gone now. The world was at peace. Why would anyone want to change that?

"Haven't you been keeping up with the Daily Prophet?" She simply shook her head no, which resulted in him turning the paper around for her to see.

"The Order of the Phoenix?" Once she let go of the pole in shock, the bus took a sharp turn which made her tumble backwards over one of the empty beds. Draco hated watching her get hurt. He immediately helped her up and trapped her in his arms so that she would only bump into him. "What do they want with me?"

"Oh, you're Miss Granger." He said walking over to her, and Draco's arms tightened around her in fear that he would hurt her. "Don't worry Mr. Malfoy. It's a pleasure to meet the brightest witch of our generation." He put his hand out for her to take.

"Pleasure." As the bus ride continued she kept bumping into Draco at every turn.

"The Death Eaters are wanting revenge on those who helped defeat Voldemort, especially the golden trio who spent most of last year trying to accomplish that task. I'd keep my head down if I were you Miss Granger. Especially with you being Muggle-born. Don't think that I'm prejudice, but I'd keep a low profile in your case." She only looked at him in shock.