Chapter 11 Grindelwald's Revenge

Things haven't gone so good for Hermione after she was released from St. Mungo's. Very few bits and pieces of her memory would come back to her in her dreams. Sometimes she wasn't sure what was real and what was fake, but one particular dream kept occurring again and again. She saw a very tall ceiling, with a huge chandelier. She was lying on the floor and saw someone leaning over her. Suddenly she heard screams, but soon discovered that they were her own. 'Why am I screaming?', she thought to herself, but when she turned her head and saw a knife cutting the word 'Mudblood', into her arm, she understood completely.

  She woke up screaming in the middle of the night over and over again. Draco was forced to listen since their bedrooms were right next to each other. He wanted to help so badly, but knew that he couldn't.

  "Ginny", she asked one morning. "Do you know anything about a building that involved a huge chandelier?", she asked, but Ginny had no idea what she was talking about. Harry, And Ron agreed to never talk about what happened at Malfoy Manor to anyone. "I'm sorry, Hermione. I don't. I think it would be better to talk about it with someone who was there with you." Hermione ran through the memory in her head and tried to see if there was anyone else in the room with her, other than the abuser. She closed her eyes and tried to see it herself, and suddenly out of the corner of her eye, she saw a patch of blonde hair with a very worried and scared expression.

  Hermione read another story from Tales of Beetle the Bard. She read, once again, the Tale of the Three Brothers. Remembering Harry's words from yesterday, she pictured the chaos that it could've caused. Harry and Ginny spent most of yesterday telling Hermione what has happened since their 6th year of Hogwarts, but they decided to leave the Ron and Draco part out. Luckily the wand was back in the place it belonged, the invisibility cloak was with Harry, and the stone was lost in the Dark Forrest. She placed the book on the table before picking up a copy of the Daily Prophet. 'Muggles Attacked. 10 muggles injured'. She read over the article carefully until she heard footsteps enter the common room. "Who's there?" She pointed her wand at the door and waited to see who it was.

"Hermione it's me." Ginny walked in with books in her hand. "You wouldn't hex your best friend, would you?" Hermione smiled at her and placed her wand back in her pocket. "I brought you a cupcake to lighten up from everything that's been going on." She said placing it on the table. "I also thought this was the perfect opportunity to work on our History of Magic essay. We were suppose to pick one other magical place and I was thinking we could do Ilvermorney. As long as that's okay with you." Ginny placed her bag on the ground and pulled out some parchment.

Hermione searched through the bookshelf in the Heads common room until she finished looking at the title of every book. "We're going to have to go to the library to get the reference books we need."

"Is she in here?" Blaise asked as he looked around the common room. Only to see that it was completely empty.

"She's probably in the library. As always. Just because her memory has changed doesn't mean she has." Draco sat his bag on the ground before pulling out his History of Magic book. "So our report is on Durmstrang Institute." Blaise picked up the reference book and started reading.

The Durmstrang Institute is the Scandinavian wizarding school, located in the northernmost regions of either Norway or Sweden. The school, which presumably takes mainly Northern European students, is willing to accept international students as far as Bulgaria, but however does not admit Muggle-Borns.

"No one cares about how to get accepted into the school Blaise. We're already stuck at Hogwarts, let's move on to some information that's actually useful." Draco said with venom dripping in his voice. 'How could they not accept Muggle-Borns?' Draco thought to himself. 'If only they met Granger. She's so brilliant they would have to let her in.' Hermione was the one thing that flooded his mind right now.