Chapter 4 Go with me?

Hermione continued reading the next chapter of Muggle Studies. "I'm not trying sound rude, but you're already a Muggle-born. Why are you taking Muggle Studies? I mean, didn't you grow up with most of this stuff, why take a class that you already understand?" Draco continued to ramble on and Hermione waited till she was finished with the chapter to answer them.

"Why do you take potions?" Hermione asked having the book in her hand, partially closed with her finger as a book mark.

"Because I'm good at it?" Draco said confused. He tried to figure out where she was going with this.

"Why do you take it every year?"

"Because I want to master it." Hermione smiled at his answer.

"Exactly, it's all about the future. Everything I do has to do with my future. I want a great job and a happy life in the future. The more I do in school will get me more opportunities in the later life. I mean, don't you ever worry about the future?" Hermione asked finally placing the book on the common room table.

"I guess so, but my life ahead of me is looking pretty good. Everything my dad owns gets passed down to me. Including Malfoy Manor." Hermione cringed at the memories of Malfoy Manor. She wanted to put them in the back of her mind or obliviate herself, but people just keep bringing it up. "What? Did I do something? Is it something I said?" He asked her as he saw her body language.

"Nothing.... It's just...." Hermione didn't know how to put into words how she was feeling right now.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. You don't have to worry Granger, the dark times are over with. That will never happen again." Hermione continued to shove her books in a rushed manor, not glancing at Draco once. "Hey, look at me." He stood right in front of her, placing a finger under her chin and forcing her to look at him. "You are safe now. Trust me." She nodded her head, and that's when he knew she understood his words.

"Look Malfoy, your life may be filled with easy roads, but in my world, I like to earn things in life. Not have everything handed to me. I better get to breakfast. I have double Muggle Studies today. Have fun in Divination." She talked in a shaky voice since they were so close together.

Ginny, Ron and Harry were in a deep Quidditch discussion when Hermione arrived. "We'll win the next one for sure", Ginny said to the two boys. "We just need to practice harder." She watched as Hermione approached the table, immediately grabbing a waffle and muffin.

"What she means is maybe you guys will play better next time...", Hermione said sitting down.

"Well good morning to you too." Ron said as she continued to eat her meal.

"I was just kidding, don't worry about it. It's just a game. You'll get the next one. Malfoy is just a great seeker." Everyone looked at Hermione with wide eyes. "What?" She said trying to finish her meal.

"Hermione, the snitch could fly into his hand and he still couldn't catch it. Why are you all of a sudden siding with him? He's the enemy. Do you guys have something going on or something? Are you and Malfoy dating?" Ron said a little too loudly. A few students started to stare, including Draco.

"That's absurd! He's not the enemy, alright? Just leave him alone!" Hermione said as she opened her Arithmancy book, but suddenly she heard her name called.

"Miss Granger, Mr. Malfoy, I'd like to speak to you two in private." A million things ran through her head as she looked at the Headmistress then back at Draco. As the two walked quite a distance behind a Professor Mcgonagal, the two started to question each other.