Chapter 10 St. Mungos

"Alright Malfoy, I've tried to be patient, but I can't anymore. Ron and Hermione need to talk through whatever is going on and fix their friendship." Harry said as he watched Draco enter through the Great Hall.

  "Okay, I'll talk to her about it." Draco said to shut him up. The first thing he did was sit down next to Blaise and Pansy. He immediately slammed the book on the table before sitting down.

  "Well, someone's in a bad mood. I thought you and Granger were going to have a fun break." He quickly leaned to the left. "Why does it look like she wants to kill you?"

  "I don't know, that's the problem. One day she's holding onto me for reassurance and the next thing you know, she's ready to throw the first hex that comes to her mind at me!"

  "That's her everyday. I'm not seeing the problem here." Draco glared at his friend.

  "Something has happened over break, and I need to know what."

  The next morning, Hermione sat in Muggle Studies. She read the section over and over again. Hopefully ready for the next test. "Hermione can you run these over to the Potions classroom?"

  "Professor Snape would want to look at them right?" The professor gave her a weird look, and continued to head back to her desk. 'That was weird' Hermione thought to herself.

  Draco stared deeply at the crystal ball looking for answers. "Okay crystal ball you helped me once. You can do it again." He stared at it and hoped to find out what happened, but Draco saw nothing but a fancy shiny ball. "I don't understand Zabini! How did she change so quickly? Did she wake up and forget that she cares about me?"

  "Maybe someone gave her a love potion."

  "Impossible. We didn't order drinks. We only went straight to bed." He looked at the crystal ball and saw Hermione being attacked. When does this terrible event occur? How can he fix everything and make sure she's safe? He then picked up his tea cup and saw the grim.

  "Malfoy, you're gonna die." Blaise said as he saw the Grim as well.

  "Yes I probably will if her dad finds out what happened, but that would be impossible cause I don't even know what happened!" He said grabbing his notebook and going to his next class.

  When Hermione walked into Potions class, she had a confused look on her face as she saw Slughorn. Pushing the thought aside, she set up her cauldron, and sat down next to Ginny. "Today's potion will be Wolf's Bane." He pointed his wand at the board for the instructions to appear. "You have one hour, good luck."

  Ginny watched as Hermione and Draco barely even looked at each other during the whole class. "Is everything okay between the two of you?"

  She turned her head and saw Draco talking to Blaise about something. "Malfoy? The usual I guess." Hermione said as she continued to stir the boiling cauldron.

  "Alright then." Ginny continued to look at the instructions, but couldn't help but wonder to why she was acting differently. She asked her more questions without being too suspicious.

  "Hermione is right over there, go talk to her", said Blaise.

  "Did you add the wolf fang?" Draco stirred the cauldron. As Blaise asked more questions, Draco continued to change the subject.

  "Will you stop trying to change the subject you annoying git!"

  "I'll add the spider venom." Blaise gave up on trying to help him. Suddenly the whole room heard a loud explosion, but this time it wasn't Seamus.