"Know It All!"

Psalm 94:1-23

          " Thou God of Vengeance, shine forth!"-(NKJV)-Psalm 94:1b. We cry out to God for Justice because He is the "God of Vengeance". It is not our job to retaliate or seek revenge as God is in charge of this! People are so prone to want to set things right; but if God used the same justice on us we would never have known salvation through Jesus Christ!

That's why the Words in 2 Chronicles 20:15, 17-19 (NKJV) are so important for us today, "Thus says Yahweh (God) to you: 'Fear not, and be not dismayed at this great multitude;

for the battle is not yours, but God's...fear not, and be not dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, and Yahweh will be with you...then...all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem (USA) fell down before Yahweh, worshipping Yahweh...stood up to praise Yahweh, the God of Israel (and USA), with a very loud Voice."

This is the reasoning behind the pleas for Justice by the Israelites, (CEB) "Rise up, Judge of the earth! (1) Pay back the arrogant exactly what they deserve! (2) How long will the wicked -O Lord!- how long will the wicked win? (3) They spew arrogant words; (4) All the evil doers are bragging. (5) They crush Your own people, Lord! (6) They abuse Your very own possession. (7) They kill widows and immigrants; (8) They murder orphans..." Love does not exist!

Then we find out why the wicked are so sure of themselves. They are convinced they know it all! They say, (CEB)-"All the while, the Lord cannot see it; Jacob's God doesn't know what's going on." In their ignorance they put the SOVEREIGN GOD down to the level of their false gods and idols; but the Bible tells us in (NKJV-Daniel 5:23b&24)-"And you have praised the gods of silver and gold, bronze and iron, wood and stone, which do not see or hear or know; and the God Who holds your breath in His hand and owns all your ways, you have not glorified; then the finger of the hand sent from Him made this writing that was written..." Daniel interpreted this message to the king. It was, "God has numbered your kingdom and finished it...you are weighed in the balances and found wanting...your kingdom has been divided..." (God can take control at any point and have His way. Because He is Just! Here He was destroying the power set up by ungodly men.).

The next verses 8-11 show how futile it is to think God doesn't know all and control all: (CEB)-"You ignorant people better learn quickly. You fools-When will you get some sense?" Then the Psalmist went on to prove his point:

1. "The One who made the ear, can't He hear?"

2. "The One who formed the eye, can't He see?"

3. "The One who disciplined nations, can't He punish?"

4. "The One who teaches humans, doesn't He know?"

Oh, Yes, "The Lord does indeed know human thoughts, knows that they are nothing but puffs of air." (Bags of Wind!) God is well aware of all our needs as He created us! Since He created us "In His image", is it strange that He also sees, hears, knows and understand us? WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!

The contrast to the opinion of the wicked is in verses12-15, where we read, (TEV)-"Lord, happy is the man":

1. "Whom You instruct,"

2. "The man whom You teach Your law."

3. "To give him rest from days of trouble;..."

4. "The Lord will not abandon His people;"

5. "He will not desert those who belong to Him."

6. "Justice will again be in courts of Justice ,"

7. "And all righteous people will support it."

How much more could we ask for! That is a promise for body, soul, and spirit! God is all in all! Is it any wonder that we read (KJV)-, He "rises up for me against the evil doers? Or...stands up for me against the workers of iniquity." These were questions posed by the Psalmist but in my heart I feel he answered them positively as he went on to prove: (KJV)

1. "Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence."

2. "When I said, my foot slippeth , Thy mercy, O Lord, held me up."

3. "In the multitude of my thoughts within me, Thy comforts delight my soul."

Then he asked God, (CEB)-"Can the wicked ruler be Your ally; One who wreaks havoc by means of the law? (I think we all have seen this problem!). The wicked gang up against the lives of the righteous. They condemn innocent blood." ( I think we all have seen this problem The world's Justice is not always God's Justice! His Justice is fair and perfect in judgment. "Thou God of Vengeance, shine forth!"

Because ...(TLB)-"The Lord my God is my fortress-The Mighty Rock where I can hide. God has made the sins of evil men to boomerang upon them. He will destroy them by their own plans." I am convinced that Justice, Perfect Justice belongs only to God!

Finally, the decision of the Judge, His final answer is: (TLB)-"Jehovah our God will cut them off!" The Decision of the Judge is final! He has the last word! No dispute!

THE SOVEREIGN GOD IS IN CONTROL AND KNOWS IT ALL!

Next time...

Psalms In My Palms - Book 2 -SOVEREIGNTYजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें