[열] See the World Burn Part 1

"I'm just another monster too."

~Carl Grimes

Glenn had barely stepped foot back in Alexandria before he was embraced by a person he thought had been long dead.

"Tara?" He looked at his friend in wonder.

"Glenn!" Her eyes were misty with tears as she stared into his dark brown ones, hugging him again. He slowly hugged her again, feeling.... feeling all sorts of emotions. Joy, grief, shock, and confusion.

"Where have you been?"

"I've been on the longest supply run ever. But it doesn't matter. What matters is how you're doing after all of this," she responded.

"I've never felt more exhausted and hopeless," he looked down at his feet.

"You look like it. You need to get some rest," she threw her arm around him, leading him to his house.

"No, there are several things I have to do. Right now, Rick's gone and I'm one of the leaders," he started off towards the church. "Tell everyone they need to meet in the church for a town meeting," he ordered.

Tara watched him stalk off, noticing a dramatic shift in her friend's personality. She frowned, deciding she didn't have much of a choice than to follow his orders.

~

"I have gathered you all here to update you on what's been happening outside of these walls," Glenn explained to the dozens of people anxiously watching him. "Rick is off trying to find a potential ally in Morgan. The leader of Hilltop has died and Sasha has most likely taken over in his place." This earned the gapes of many people in the pews. "That leader pulled a gun out on me and threatened to turn Sasha and me over to the Saviors. I wrestled the gun out of his hand, but I had no choice than to defend myself," he quickly added.

People shifted uncomfortably in their seats, unsure of how to take this news.

"How will the Saviors react to this?" Spencer folded his arms over his chest.

"The Saviors are the type of the group who don't care who's in charge as long as their demands are met and the leader bows down to them," Glenn responded. "Of course, Sasha will only act as if she is loyal to them. The more allies we get, the better chance we have to wage a winning war on Negan."

Rosita gripped Tara's hand when Glenn said this, urging her to speak up. "Tara, you need to tell him."

"No. I can't. It won't do you all any good," she answered worriedly.

Rosita rolled her eyes, "If there's a price, I'll pay it. But this is too important to ignore." Tara remained silent, shaking her head.

"Glenn," Rosita stood up. "There is another community Tara found." Everyone turned their heads towards Rosita; Glenn perking up at this news.

"Really? Where is it, Tara?"

Tara opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. "She said it's by the ocean," Rosita answered for her.

"Then we have to find it. They could help us," Glenn said hopefully.

"No. They won't help. They all fought Negan and lost. He brutally attacked their community and they will do whatever it takes to stay hidden," Tara finally answered.

"Tara, if Rick can't come to an agreement with The Kingdom we will not be able to fight Negan. We need more people!" Rosita glared at her friend. "How do you not understand this?" Tara looked up at her friend in shock and sadness.